Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the stuff to do some maintenance items myself and was wondering since the clutch line is just pressed on to the reservoir if anyone with a manual transmission has had an issue with it blowing off after pressurizing the Motive. I tried with my hand and could have easily pulled it all the way off so there is not much grip holding it on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe the clutch line at the res is a push lock type of fitting, so it would not be able to be pushed out without holding the retaining collar down.
also, no problems using the motive at 20psi this past weekend.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
+1. Since it is all the same reservoir (brake & clutch), if there were an issue with pressurizing it, we'd be flooded with posts of those having problems. Lots of us DIY. Brake fluid is nasty stuff and getting it squirted all over the frunk compartments would definitely get some complaints. BTW, I saw in Porsche's maintenance manual that they use a pressure bleeder. Just keep the pressure reasonable.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is the Motive the best way to go? ....
I am a fan of dry pressure bleeding - no fluid in tank. You just have to remember to add fluid regularly during the bleed, which I do not find to be problematic. The couple times I wet bled (fluid in tank) I was pretty worried about a line letting loose and spraying fluid everywhere, which some people have had happen to them. For my Cayman dry bleed, I bought a spare brake fluid cap and mounted an air fitting to it - I connect it to my compressor at 20psi with in-line water separator - works fine. I think somebody somewhere sells the caps with air fittings. Of course if you don't have an air compressor, something like the Motive is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.