Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here a member out at MSR Houston or track their cars out there? I was thinking about getting some track time out there and would appreciate some input from others.

:thanks:

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
I've been there a couple of times. It's fun but not a very challenging track. I haven't joined because I'm afraid I'd get bored rather quickly. There is usually no one there and the club itself is run very lax. If you need to work on setup or a specific skill you can't beat it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you say this would be a good track then for a novice? I have no track time as of yet and I was going to try and schedule some time with an instructor first and then some track days once I feel comfortable. I'd love to do some DE days but my schedule never seems to allow for them. Any other tracks that you know of in the Houston area?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
they have DEs at both Harris Hill (San Marcos) and TWS (College Station)
you can always go for just one day, nothing says you have to attend both DE days and check the H2R website Harris Hill Road because they always have special one day sessions
I'll probably join H2R in the spring because it's only an hour from my house
I think every track has idiosyncracies so just go and have fun, try out a few different ones and see what you like and what you don't like
I've never been to MSR Houston but would recommend going to a PCA DE first just to get some basic instruction, they let you learn at your own pace
or there are several other groups that sponsor driving events
and don't forget PSDS, truly worth every penny in my book
I'm signed up for the spring Masters class (3rd time there), an intense and exhilarating 2 days

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I have my daughter every other weekend and sometimes more so it's hard to plan more than a week out and from what I've heard, they frown on people just showing up and wanting to drive (have I heard wrong?). So I figure the best way to get some track time is to buy some instruction and track time at a place like MSR. I live about 1.5 hours east of Houston so it's not something I plan on doing every weekend, just when a weekend frees up.

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
It's a great track for novices. Most times you'll be the only one driving so there is very little pressure, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts