Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a ridiculous question (as I think I know the answer already) but can the steering wheel advance tracks (CD, Bluetooth Audio, Radio Stations, etc)? I see no reference to it in the owner's manual or anywhere else.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can use the programmable button on the left to do this.

Edit: Roll the right wheel button until the multimedia screen is displayed. Depress the wheel button and you can then scroll through channels, CD tracks, etc.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You can program the left button to advance track/station. I find it useless when listening to the radio though, since it jumps to the next available station, rather than jumping to the next preset station. I use the left button to jump tracks on CDs, and the right scroll wheel to change radio stations.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I see no reference to it in the owner's manual or anywhere else.
Answered above but you don't have this page in your manual?
Page 111 | 2013-2016 Boxster Manual | Porsche iManuals

Changing button assignment on multi-function steering wheel
The
button on the multi-function steering wheel can be individually assigned the desired functions in the multi-function display or PCM/CDR.
Available PCM functions:

• "Source change"
    Change audio source.
  • "Voice control"
    Activate voice control.
  • "Dri. instr. (Rep)"
    Repeat voice instruction from the navigation system.
  • "Station/track <"
    Previous radio station/title.
  • "Station/track >"
    Next radio station/track.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, three months later I finally got around to trying this. I am probably niece or oblivious but I cannot find the 'settings' menu on my car, let alone the 'steering wheel op' sub-menu. What the heck am I doing wrong?!?!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.