Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, six speed, MIdnight Blue Metalic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a well kept 2008 987.1C. There are some things I noticed that give me the idea that the previous owner had an aftermarket head unit installed. The current configuration is the standard CDR24 head unit with BOSE. I've found wiring for a backup camera in place and an obvious mounting of such. The other thing, which was one of the reasons I was leaning toward this vehicle when I was looking is the presence of the Multifunction Switch on the wheel, but none of the functions work, indicating to me that it was added later. My main question is how this functions. I went through the process of pulling the head unit, leaving all wires intact. There are no lose hanging wires behind the unit. Do the functions of the switch go through the MOST system?
Any help I can get would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I think the MF switch works over the CAN BUS and needs to be programed into a couple modules to function. This may have been broken when the aftermarket HU was removed. Presumably function could be restored by having this recoded. Of course YMMV. I don't know this for sure.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, six speed, MIdnight Blue Metalic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the MF switch works over the CAN BUS and needs to be programed into a couple modules to function. This may have been broken when the aftermarket HU was removed. Presumably function could be restored by having this recoded. Of course YMMV. I don't know this for sure.
Thanks,
I suspected that but wanted to verify before I got too far into the diagrams, as good as they are, for the wiring routing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts