Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting a bit annoyed at my music on my iPhone6 (iOS8) automatically start playing when the car connects to the phone via bluetooth.
If I then pause the music, it again starts playing by itself when some other app like maps / waze calls out navigation directions.
Anyone else experience this and have some solution? Thanks

Also, when I start my car, music/AC everything come on automatically, is there a way to prevent that?

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
No way to prevent AC from starting.

As for the music - there must be options for that on the phone. But i'm not iPhone user to know more.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I don't know how music would automatically start playing, unless you had it playing on the phone prior to the bluetooth picking it up. Strange. I've never seen a car do that.

Does it just play from the top of your library every time?

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It plays the stuff that I had on my phone playing last.
And I dont have it playing on my phone before I connect it.
Even if I pause it after it has connected, it starts playing again when another app uses the bluetooth connection for audio like maps and waze.

I also see via google search people complaining about it
eg http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1379856
People say their cars have options to disable this auto playing, but I am unsure where to find it.

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I may have figured out how to prevent the AC coming on and radio start playing when the car is 1st turned on...had to save the memory setting on my key.
But still connecting to bluetooth or doing anything that involves bluetooth ends up playing the damn music automatically.
These cars have such annoying ancient tech and such poor user interface, they should learn from Tesla :sleep:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm guessing you have PCM? Every day I'm reminded of how glad I am I saved the cash. I use google maps and other various apps via bluetooth and my music doesn't play unless I want it to...also iPhone 6. Here's to hoping the next gen cars have decent tech...and CarPlay.

·
Noob
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope so + would be nice if it can be retrofitted in existing cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts