Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my 2014 Boxster S mods.

1. agency-power headers
2. fabspeed Supercup Race Exhaust
3. Rennline Rear subframe stabilizer with Tie downs Rear Subframe
4. FVD Spacers,
5. X73 rear sway bar
6. BMC Air Filters
7. Ducktail Spoiler
8.AWE wind Diffuser
9. Gt4 side scoop
10. IPD plenum with GT3 82mm TB (Not Installed yet)

Just purchased cobb Access port, will be getting Fabspeed ProTune and PDK Tuning

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Nice!, but I see a few very important ones missing!

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
T-Design Memory Module to remember important buttons, and SmartTop to operate top remotely and one-touch from the console! I can't imagine living without those two.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How do you find the X73 rear sway bar performance? Do you track the car at all? Any issues with too much oversteer? Any downside in ride quality? Thanks. I'm thinking about adding it to my '14 Boxster S.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just put this on another thread and it should help you as well. Ride quality will be about the same. It should only feel stiffer when turning hard.

Both X73 bars is best, but more expensive to add the front one. You can certainly start with the rear one alone and try that to start with. The only concern would be to have too much oversteer without upgrading the front as well. This has never been mentioned before on this forum that I am aware of though. If there is still concern about this issue it can easily be balanced out by adding a little more negative camber to the rear to make it less inclined to come around on you.

Your handling is ultimately limited by the amount of front grip that you can generate. After that, you balance the rear to match the available amount of front grip that you have. So just adding a rear bar will help give you a more balanced and livelier car. Adding both front and rear bars will also upgrade the ultimate level of handling the car will possess.

I would try the rear bar first. It is cheap and easy to install yourself or at the shop. Then tweak the alignment after that if necessary, and see if you still want the front bar for improving the car's handling at the track. If you don't go to the track, not so sure the front bar is actually needed.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just put this on another thread and it should help you as well. Ride quality will be about the same. It should only feel stiffer when turning hard.

Both X73 bars is best, but more expensive to add the front one. You can certainly start with the rear one alone and try that to start with. The only concern would be to have too much oversteer without upgrading the front as well. This has never been mentioned before on this forum that I am aware of though. If there is still concern about this issue it can easily be balanced out by adding a little more negative camber to the rear to make it less inclined to come around on you.

Your handling is ultimately limited by the amount of front grip that you can generate. After that, you balance the rear to match the available amount of front grip that you have. So just adding a rear bar will help give you a more balanced and livelier car. Adding both front and rear bars will also upgrade the ultimate level of handling the car will possess.

I would try the rear bar first. It is cheap and easy to install yourself or at the shop. Then tweak the alignment after that if necessary, and see if you still want the front bar for improving the car's handling at the track. If you don't go to the track, not so sure the front bar is actually needed.
For front i'm going to install Gt3 sway bar

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the message on results with the X73 bar(s). I'll probably start with the rear bar only. I've tracked my Caymans and my C4. Not sure if I will track the Boxster S, but I may take it for an event or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.