Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
file:///Users/charlesremaley/Documents/2016%20Boxster%20S%20Car%20Build.jpg

This is one of the last two naturally aspirated 2016 Boxster S coming to my dealer. I was going to wait until February but happened to be at the dealer last Saturday and was told that there my not be any left in February so I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Beautiful car.

FWIW, most people recommend against the Power Steering Plus.

...and you're spending $10,000 to get PDK, Sport Chrono, SportDesign Steering Wheel, Sport Seats Plus, and 20" Turbo Design wheels, but not getting PASM or the Sport Suspension? It's just my opinion, but that seems like a mis-match to me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would agree with getting PASM. It completes the car...

With that spec, why not just order a GTS?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Come on now, his (assumption, sorry if wrong) car is on the way to the dealer, what do you think he can do now? Say sorry, X73 told me my spec was wrong, I don't want it now?

cremaley, beautiful car and I'm glad you got it how you wanted. I know you're excited with it being this close. Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
First off, great looking car!

Secondly, where is the spec sheet?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful car.

...and you're spending $10,000 to get PDK, Sport Chrono, SportDesign Steering Wheel, Sport Seats Plus, and 20" Turbo Design wheels, but not getting PASM or the Sport Suspension? It's just my opinion, but that seems like a mis-match to me.
I hear you but I did not order this car from scratch. It was already built and at the Port of Jacksonville. With the four cylinder turbo's coming next year I could not order a flat six. While the one I am getting might not be perfect to me it's dam close. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I hear you but I did not order this car from scratch. It was already built and at the Port of Jacksonville. With the four cylinder turbo's coming next year I could not order a flat six. While the one I am getting might not be perfect to me it's dam close. Thanks for your comments.
Got it. :)

I originally thought that you meant that you ordered it.

PASM might be a fairly involved retrofit, but X73 is a straight bolt-on deal, and I think it's only about $1,800 for the parts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, great looking car!

Secondly, where is the spec sheet?
Tried to post the build sheet but could not figure out how to do it. Saved it to my document folder on my Mac but can't seem to get it to the form.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Beautiful car.

WTF is wrong with you people???

The guy posts that he's BOUGHT a car. He's made his choices and is proud of what he's bought. This wasn't a post seeking opinions on options or trade-offs, yet you feel the need to **** all over him for not getting options YOU think are appropriate for HIM. That's hubris in the extreme.

Even after acknowledging the car is already locked/built, you persist in telling him how to go about retrofitting an option you think is an absolute requirement for his car? Really?

(BTW, I don't have Sport Suspension and, your opinion notwithstanding, it's not a mismatch, error or in any other way a flaw.)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
WTF is wrong with you people???

The guy posts that he's BOUGHT a car. He's made his choices and is proud of what he's bought. This wasn't a post seeking opinions on options or trade-offs, yet you feel the need to **** all over him for not getting options YOU think are appropriate for HIM. That's hubris in the extreme.

Even after acknowledging the car is already locked/built, you persist in telling him how to go about retrofitting an option you think is an absolute requirement for his car? Really?

(BTW, I don't have Sport Suspension and, your opinion notwithstanding, it's not a mismatch, error or in any other way a flaw.)
Might I suggest decaf?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Tried to post the build sheet but could not figure out how to do it. Saved it to my document folder on my Mac but can't seem to get it to the form.
You could just cut and paste your build from the other thread... :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
This forum is filled to the brim with what Psychologists call "Projection." This comes as no great surprise to me. :)

I assume that people buy what they want for reasons of their own, and I am OK with that.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
This forum is filled to the brim with what Psychologists call "Projection." This comes as no great surprise to me. :)

I assume that people buy what they want for reasons of their own, and I am OK with that.
Yup.........

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I applaud your approach of 'bird in the hand'. I ordered my 2016 Cayman to replace my 2014 for essentially the same reasons. At the end of the day, you may or may not have a 'perfect' configuration but....about 5 nanoseconds after you sit in it and drive it away....the joy of having it to drive will wash over you. Best of luck.......pics when it arrives.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
There is no such thing as not perfect Porsche. Stock suspension is excellent. Very firm and sporty, but still comfortable on long drives. Some might make you think that stock suspension is a compromise... It's not. Just different flavors. Sport suspension might be useful thing for the track; PASM is just a cool gimmick, IMO. So don't worry, be happy. Which I'm sure you are with car so close to delivery :cheers:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Beautiful car.

"Most people" aren't the ones making the payments. Drive both and decide for yourself.

Good point re: PASM, though. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sapphire Blue is a great color. I've had my car, a Cayman GTS, for 6 months now, and the number of people who comment on how great that color looks is unbelievable. Last weekend as I was walking away from having parallel parked it on a street, a dad with two boys in tow was trying to go the other way while his son was shouting, "What a cool blue car, Dad, it's a Porsche I wanna see it!!" My kind of kid.

I agree with some others here, it's your car, your choices, and whatever you got it's going to be a great drive.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts