Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 718 Cayman GTS arrived last week. I've included a few (lots) snaps below.

In comparison to my Cayman S, the GTS is an amazing car in every aspect, if you can live with the sound of the 2.5 turbo engine... or the lack of a NA flat 6 sound :) I've found myself taking the Cayman S out twice since to hear the scream from the flat 6, so without doubt the 3.4 NA flat 6 sounds better than the 2.5 Turbo... most of the time. When the GTS is idling or at low speeds (1st gear), the GTS sounds great... almost like the bellow from a V8... however these cars are not for driving around in 1st gear :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Nice car. I note that the instruments read in metric except for the non-adjustable analog speedo, which is in mph. Is this standard in Irish cars?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lovely!

I was wondering the same thing about the speedo? I notice the car has IE plates, so I would expect the speed to be in kph?

I'm originally from Ireland but I seem to recall that Northern Ireland still used mph. Your car looks like it was bought in Dublin. A mystery!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

The MPH is quite normal. The UK still use MPH so Irish cars are specced from a UK point of view, at lease with Porsche anyway. My other Cayman (2016) is also in MPH. Both cars were bought from Porsche in Dublin (Ireland).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the reply. This is something I never noticed with Irish rental cars....I'll have to take notice next time.

You're a lucky man! Two Porsche Caymans plus living in Ireland! :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Great looking car. I like all the "tweeking" they've done with the front and rear facia vs. the 981 series to get this particular look.

Is this color GT silver or something else? Also, does the GTS come std. with black wheels?

Thanks for posting the pics, best of luck with the car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gorgeous car (and scenery)! Thanks for the pics. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is this color GT silver or something else? Also, does the GTS come std. with black wheels?

Thanks for posting the pics, best of luck with the car.
Best of luck, looks great. I was also wondering about the color. GT silver??

·
Registered
537 Posts
Love it, love it, love it! Congratulations! Those first few weeks of ownership are magical (beyond normal Porsche-magical ownership)! :)

You must have gotten a real good deal since they put the steering wheel on the wrong side! :hilarious:

·
Registered
706 Posts
wow, beautiful car and amazing scenery. gts appearance package really looks awesome (and so does ireland)!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Beautiful! Great photos!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great!

I picked up mine last week.

I was torn between GT silver and Agate Grey. Both colours look fantastic.

Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
Thanks for your comments.

Yours looks great.

That's quite funny in relation to the colours... I always choose grey (last 981 Cayman S and other all other cars) as i think it is hands down the best colour but, I chose GT Silver this time for two reasons:

01 - i wanted to feel like I had a new car (and not two Agate Grey Caymans :)
02 - i like all of the black touches on the GTS model, and felt they would protrude quite well against silver

Is this your first Porsche?

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Very nice car.. I've been of the opinion that the GTS "modifications" are both functional, tastefully beautiful and represent, as intended, the best of non-motorsport models. They represent a great blend of performance and touring... that was the case with the 997's and the 991's.. and the 911.s's.. and our Caymans --- the 981 (like mine) and the 718 GTS is no different.

Enjoy...
D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts