Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That makes little sense since "on paper" a lot of cars you'd think would be much better than the cayman but in reality the little cayman is riding their butt on the track. I'm not sure how some more hp from the cayman would reverse this.
I'm not contemplating which car is "better" or track performance, but which would be quicker in a straightline. Track performance is really hard to gauge. So much of it is driver dependent. I've hung onto the back of a 996TT in a stock S2000 on the track.

I want to know if the bolt-on mods can turn a Cayman S into a C2S killer.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not contemplating which car is "better" or track performance, but which would be quicker in a straightline. Track performance is really hard to gauge. So much of it is driver dependent. I've hung onto the back of a 996TT in a stock S2000 on the track.

I want to know if the bolt-on mods can turn a Cayman S into a C2S killer.
i agree, i would love to ETs and traps for a CS with a bolt-ons (full exhaust, filter, flash, etc). traps speeds are very good indicator of HP. a stock CS traps in the area of 105-107. a stock 997S is in the 112-114 range.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've tested them both back to back!

Since I posted the last thread I went on the Porsche driving experience and drove a C2S and a Cayman S, back to back. Both had Sport Chrono and PASM, so it was a great comparison.

I drove both cars for about an hour including several laps of a long alpine track and the differences were very obvious to me. In short, I was delighted the 911 had more of what you'd expect it to have, and less of what people generally complain about i.e. the heavy tail end. The 911 was noticably more powerful, expecially at the top end, louder and felt more planted. The electronics kept the car in check no matter what I did. I performed an emergency stop and avoid at 140mph (stamped on the breaks and swerved) and the car remained in total control.

On the up-side for the Cayman S, it feels more involving. Raw and lighter. A little less protecting than the C2S. I'd take the 911 C2S over the Cayman S, but then I'd hoped that would be the case after shelling out another 25k over my CS!... but I'd never turn my nose up at having a drive of the Cayman - it was nice to get back in to it!

If you havent gone on the PDE - do it. The drivers are great and its fantastic to test the cars. Its amazing how safe they are at the limit.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
CS times in the FAQ are a bunch of magazine times for stock cars & the link for R&T has a 12.3 @ 114.8 for the 997S. did i miss something, or has nobody posted a timeslip for a modded CS? that would be interesting
Go to Dragtimes.com and look for Ken's times, his modified CS did quite well

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Nice write-up Freestyle, but where are the very nice photos of the C2S we should be expecting having seen the CS ones you provided for us?

The PDE is great. Did you not do one in your CS? Who did you have?

Enjoy the new car.

Jack

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Camera out of action...and too busy driving it! 2,000 miles in 3 weeks. I'll get some sorted soon. It really is the business.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting post, I'm about to do the same trade this weekend.
Only 5 or so years behind you but still relevant :)

997 C2S Gen2 here I come!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts