Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call this afternoon that my Baby was today 7/25/07/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/dance.gif. It is by far the best call I received today. I guess it is time to fire up the cigars. I am waiting for my Baby's arrival supposedly by the end of August.

2007 Midnight Blue Cayman S; Cocoa Leather; Preferred Plus Package;Sport Chrono;Navigation System;Park Assist;Climate Control; PASM; 18' Wheels standard(Fikse Wheels on order)

I forgot to ask him about the final price as they didn't have the 2007 pricing in May when I ordered it. I am not sure how much the price increase will be. Anyone have any clue how much the price increase will be (i think it is around 1%)? What should I expect to get when I ask them how much they are going to take off of MSRP?

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Barbara - congratulations! It sounds like it's going to be a beautiful car... maybe we'll see you out for some PCA events in the fall - there's a lot of autocrossing going on in September and October ...

Again, Congrats!

brad

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
bbcayman,

Congratulations! did you get a VIN yet? Can't wait to see pictures of that combo. I'm told it is stunning but I've never seen one like it in person. Looks like a terrific car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barbara - congratulations! It sounds like it's going to be a beautiful car... maybe we'll see you out for some PCA events in the fall - there's a lot of autocrossing going on in September and October ...

Again, Congrats!

brad

Hi Brad,

Any PCA Events out here in the Bay Area in September? I am so excited...I can hardly wait!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bbcayman,

Congratulations! did you get a VIN yet? Can't wait to see pictures of that combo. I'm told it is stunning but I've never seen one like it in person. Looks like a terrific car.

Hi There,

I changed my mind 6 different times on the inside color. I fell in love with that deep dark rich cocoa leather and had to have it. My rep tried to tell me it wouldn't really look that great if I don't order the carrera white or arctic silver and told him he was crazy and had him pull the cowhide and showed him how it looked against the midnight blue...He agreed and my baby is going to be hot looking!!!

MSRP will be 79K and he told me that they still have not released the pricing for the 07 and he will keep me informed on the ship date etc. This waiting game is driving me crazy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Anything good is worth waiting for or is it good things come to those who wait?/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/drive.gifloco en la cabeza!

<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />

<blockquote id="quote">This waiting game is driving me crazy!!!</blockquote><hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
</blockquote>

Edited by - Papa in Austin on 07/26/2006 7:14:55 PM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Barbara -

Take a look at this link: http://www.pca-ggr.org/calendar.cgi?page=autocross

Let me know if you want some more info - get your croc through break-in and then come out and run it around - there's qualified instructors at all events to help get you started. I'd be happy to have you as one of my students...

brad

Brad,

Awesome...I do need an instructor. I guess I found one!! Do you go to every one of those events? I am planning to go in September & October..at that time Ithere should be plenty of miles on my baby. See you in September.

·
Registered
353 Posts

bbcayman,

<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />

Yep!!! Last 6 digits of Vin# for my Baby is 780250

Hmmm, my build date was June 27th and VIN is 785722, a month before Barbara's. For some reason I thought the final VIN nums were sequential. Guess not. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/omg_smile.gif
</blockquote>

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

bbcayman,

Hmmm, my build date was June 27th and VIN is 785722, a month before Barbara's. For some reason I thought the final VIN nums were sequential. Guess not. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/omg_smile.gif
</blockquote></blockquote>

I know...that is what I thought too!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

bbcayman,

</blockquote></blockquote>

SJD,

Could it be because it is an 2007 and they started the numbering system back to where it was again??? I am going to call Robb tomorrow and ask him about the sequence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats!

I too had a new addition on the 25th. I was told the price tag in Canada went down around CDN$600, not up.

Imaconvert ,

Do you have a VIN# on your baby yet? If so what is it as mine is 780250 (2007) and I am pretty sure yours is also a 2007. We are a little confused with the sequence of the numbers. We are all under the impression that the numbers are sequential. SJD's build was June 27th and he has a higher number than mine and mine is a July 25th 2006 build.

Have fun waiting till end of August...

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
They start the numbers sequentially again for each model year... there will be one different number that denotes that it's a 2007... then the last 4 numbers are sequential.

There have been past threads that show what all the numbers mean in a VIN - do a search...

brad

·
Registered
353 Posts
So Barbara, presumably that means yours is the 250th 2007 built? Coolio, I guess./fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/embaressed_smile.gif You can tell I've not yet received my Cayman either as I've apparantly nothing better to do than think about such arcane things as VIN numbers. I long to drive. -Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So Barbara, presumably that means yours is the 250th 2007 built? Coolio, I guess./fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/embaressed_smile.gif You can tell I've not yet received my Cayman either as I've apparantly nothing better to do than think about such arcane things as VIN numbers. I long to drive. -Steve

Hi Steve,

No worries!!! I am doing the same thing./fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/tounge_smile.gifMy rep told me exactly the exact same thing (beez) Brad stated in his reply this afternoon when I called him. I think I am starting to drive him crazy with my calls an extra visits to the Porsche dealership visiting my Baby's cousins just to get a glimpse of the CS.

This waiting game is absolutely insane!!! I have never in my life obsess over any car...but then agsin...the Cayman S is not just any car. Have they shipped your car yet?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys I am in Dubai and my quote is based on same price as from 06. so for 07 apparently has not been changed. Pricing on additions went a bit up. Extende navigation has gone up for few hundred dollars (not too much)

Received a call this afternoon that my Baby was today 7/25/07/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/dance.gif. It is by far the best call I received today. I guess it is time to fire up the cigars. I am waiting for my Baby's arrival supposedly by the end of August.

2007 Midnight Blue Cayman S; Cocoa Leather; Preferred Plus Package;Sport Chrono;Navigation System;Park Assist;Climate Control; PASM; 18' Wheels standard(Fikse Wheels on order)

I forgot to ask him about the final price as they didn't have the 2007 pricing in May when I ordered it. I am not sure how much the price increase will be. Anyone have any clue how much the price increase will be (i think it is around 1%)? What should I expect to get when I ask them how much they are going to take off of MSRP?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts