Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here are some pics of my Boxster I purchased this summer! Put 8000 problem free miles on it then started having issues recently. Hope I can get it back in the road soon. Paid 10k!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice!
Hard to argue with that entry pri$e too. :)

I saw in your other post the electrical gremlin you are chasing. Sorry to hear that. I can imagine how daunting that could feel if you aren't doing your own maintenance/repairs.

I too recently acquired a base boxster pretty much identical to yours, but with much lower mileage. Yet I quickly had a small list of items that needed addressing for my satisfaction. If I had to pay the "Porsche tax" for the needed repairs and parts, Porsche joy would be short lived. I'm near retirement age. Lol

Good luck with the gremlin. I'm rooting for your next attempt to be the solution. (I'd try an Ebay Porsche salvage ignition switch. Fairly simple procedure to replace. YouTube is your buddy)

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice!
Hard to argue with that entry pri$e too. :)

I saw in your other post the electrical gremlin you are chasing. Sorry to hear that. I can imagine how daunting that could feel if you aren't doing your own maintenance/repairs.

I too recently acquired a base boxster pretty much identical to yours, but with much lower mileage. Yet I quickly had a small list of items that needed addressing for my satisfaction. If I had to pay the "Porsche tax" for the needed repairs and parts, Porsche joy would be short lived. I'm near retirement age. Lol

Good luck with the gremlin. I'm rooting for your next attempt to be the solution. (I'd try an Ebay Porsche salvage ignition switch. Fairly simple procedure to replace. YouTube is your buddy)

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I’ve done much of the work myself but finally gave up and took to a mechanic. He did the ignition switch and the car is working properly again (for now). Hopefully that is the final solution.
Never heard the term “Porsche tax” but it’s fitting. Bought the car for myself as a college graduation gift and even with doing some work myself, I think I’ve put $5000 into the car in 8 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts