Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just before leaving work today, I got a text from my SA with the first ever pic of my car!!!

IT EXISTS!!

And it looks like mother nature's doing me a solid. The weather is pretty much crap for the rest of the week... and then spikes up to 4 degrees on Saturday and then back down near freezing.

London, Ontario - 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

That's my window!!! I'll be keeping a close eye on it, but for the moment, it's all hands on deck for a Saturday delivery!!!

BGTSFirstPic.jpg

I can't believe I'm seeing pics for the first time in the flesh!! No more dreaming over the 3D configurator!!

Now... I wonder if I'll be able to sleep all week... :D

Also... friends are already suggesting I keep the pool noodle on the front. :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
433 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Someone has obviously hacked Wild Weasel's account.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Uh....I haven't seen those rims on the configurator...... Are you sure this is your car? :hilarious:

Congrats!

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Banned
550 Posts
IT EXISTS!!
Well well well... looks like we won't be able to get you that "Porsche Poseur" title after all although ~2600 posts BEFORE owning a Porsche has got to be some sort of record here, yea?

Congratulations. I still want to know how it stacks up to the Pontiac Sunfire.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
2565 posts and he STILL doesn't have his car :hilarious:

Anyway, congratulations to WW.

Reactions: KCZ and Wild Weasel

·
Registered
648 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh... I'll be sure to give a proper play-by-play comparison on how it stacks up against the Sunfire. I mean... the 981 isn't supercharged or anything... but I expect it'll hold it's own.

Got more pics from the SA. So much for keeping the pool noodle. :D

WP_20141201_013.jpg WP_20141201_014.jpg WP_20141201_015.jpg WP_20141201_016.jpg WP_20141201_017.jpg WP_20141201_018.jpg
And thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!! Not sure it's a record number of posts before getting a car... but unless anyone shows otherwise... :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Congrats WW!

nice that you have changed your sig as well :). Love your car!!! Congrats again and kudos to your tolerance

·
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just before leaving work today, I got a text from my SA with the first ever pic of my car!!!

IT EXISTS!!

And it looks like mother nature's doing me a solid. The weather is pretty much crap for the rest of the week... and then spikes up to 4 degrees on Saturday and then back down near freezing.

London, Ontario - 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

That's my window!!! I'll be keeping a close eye on it, but for the moment, it's all hands on deck for a Saturday delivery!!!

View attachment 53454

I can't believe I'm seeing pics for the first time in the flesh!! No more dreaming over the 3D configurator!!

Now... I wonder if I'll be able to sleep all week... :D

Also... friends are already suggesting I keep the pool noodle on the front. :hilarious:
Congratulations WW! I remember how excited I was when my car was delivered. Frustrating as well, as I got to enjoy it for only four days and then had to rotate back to Albania for another 28. Have fun, but remember that summer tires lose much of their grip once the temperature drops to 7 deg. C!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! I love the interior trim. I didn't think it was possible but I like this combo better. That looks great! Very nice.
Thanks man!! Coming from you, that's a HUGE compliment and I appreciate it!!

You know you were a pretty big influence in bringing it together, and I thank you again for the video you made way back in the day. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's sealed the decision based on that, but I was probably the first. :D

Reactions: subshooter

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I did NOT see the Bumber Pool Noodle under Options and I AM VERY ANGRY ABOUT THAT. DA**IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I want my f***ing Pool Noodle Bumber!!!!!!!!

(Congrats, BTW).

·
4,105 Posts
Thanks man!! Coming from you, that's a HUGE compliment and I appreciate it!!

You know you were a pretty big influence in bringing it together, and I thank you again for the video you made way back in the day. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's sealed the decision based on that, but I was probably the first. :D
Thanks and I am glad I helped you with your configuration! After seeing your pictures, I got on the configurator to check it out myself. I didn't realize black brushed aluminum was an option with the GTS. I always thought my plastic aluminum trim looked kinda cheap. I really like your interior. Best I have seen!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congratulations WW! I remember how excited I was when my car was delivered. Frustrating as well, as I got to enjoy it for only four days and then had to rotate back to Albania for another 28. Have fun, but remember that summer tires lose much of their grip once the temperature drops to 7 deg. C!
Yeah... I'll be very careful bringing her home. I've been on summer tires for years now on my Mazdaspeed3 so I know the deal. That's why I'm closely watching the weather. I'll bring her home at 4 degrees... but not at 1 or 2. As of right now, that means Saturday but we all know how accurate a forecast is 6 days out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
And please let us know how the Goodyears preform in the cold. I've found that the P zeros do pretty well. I've driven carefully at 28 F but really don't know how the Goodyears or Pilot Sports do in the cold. I have no baseline. Of course, taking delivery now in the northern climes makes for an easy decision on behaving yourself during breakin.

Congradulations.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts