Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A good friend of mine has a 2017 Ford GT on the way. On the line now. He let me park my Cayman in the "shrine" for a day while we went to view a local car collection (Charlie Thomas'). He owned a 2005 GT, and has an amazing collection of GT and Shelby memorabilia. A lot of it is one of a kind! I cannot wait to see his GT...

The owner of the GT is a former Ford dealer, so I am certain that my Porsche was the first German car to ever grace that garage!

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like a great shop and collection!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His GT was scheduled to be delivered last month, but production delays keep pushing it back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The GT was delivered yesterday! Exciting! And an amazing vehicle! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! Actually, just the opposite for this owner. He is a former 2nd gen Ford dealer that just BLEEDS Ford Blue! His "shrine" where this car is stored is a veritable treasure trove of Ford/Shelby/GT memorabilia. A genuine car-guy. Sold his '05 to get this one. This car will see the light of day only as special events. Definitely not an attention-seeker.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! Actually, just the opposite for this owner. He is a former 2nd gen Ford dealer that just BLEEDS Ford Blue! His "shrine" where this car is stored is a veritable treasure trove of Ford/Shelby/GT memorabilia. A genuine car-guy. Sold his '05 to get this one. This car will see the light of day only at special events. Definitely not an attention-seeker.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw it. Love Leno. He is a car-guy's car-guy! If it has wheels, he appreciates it. Very cool video.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
LOL! Actually, just the opposite for this owner. He is a former 2nd gen Ford dealer that just BLEEDS Ford Blue! His "shrine" where this car is stored is a veritable treasure trove of Ford/Shelby/GT memorabilia. A genuine car-guy. Sold his '05 to get this one. This car will see the light of day only as special events. Definitely not an attention-seeker.
It's funny how everyone thinks that way, you buy an exotic, you must love attention. When I brought my Porsche 911 (not an exotic), some of my friends asked me why I don't drive it downtown or cars shows to show it off. I brought it for myself and I prefer to avoid people. I have a better time driving it early Sunday morning to the canyons with no one in site. Some people just loves cars, simple as that.

That Ford GT is beautiful, I heard only 22 are sold so far, not selling as fast as Ford would like.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
It's funny how everyone thinks that way, you buy an exotic, you must love attention. When I brought my Porsche 911 (not an exotic), some of my friends asked me why I don't drive it downtown or cars shows to show it off. I brought it for myself and I prefer to avoid people. I have a better time driving it early Sunday morning to the canyons with no one in site. Some people just loves cars, simple as that.

That Ford GT is beautiful, I heard only 22 are sold so far, not selling as fast as Ford would like.
It's funny, one of the main reasons I haven't pulled a trigger on buying a Porsche yet is the fact that I don't want to be seen as an "attention-seeker", which I am definitely not. It's something I will have to get over if I ever want to own one though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All are pre-sold. Production is a little slow.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's funny, one of the main reasons I haven't pulled a trigger on buying a Porsche yet is the fact that I don't want to be seen as an "attention-seeker", which I am definitely not. It's something I will have to get over if I ever want to own one though.
I would not worry about it. I get more attention in my Abarth than in my Porsche. :)

Reactions: lajoiedp

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny because I'm sure a lot of people think the same thing about us P-car owners!
LOL! That is what I was thinking!

You are right, Capt. It is an amazing car! Nothing I could ever own, but this one went to a great guy, who loves cars! Even P-Cars!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.