Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a year and a 1/2 of ownership she was finally nailed and probably in a parking lot of all places. I'm usually pretty protective of her especially in grocery store parking lots but sometimes you have to park where you have to park.

It's the slightest of dings, very small, on her left hip, just above the grille, caused by I'm sure a car door. It's very small and only noticed it during a polish and buff...but now I know it's there I look at it every time.

I also know this won't be last as this is a daily drive and she is no garage queen by any stretch of the means...more like a road queen.

Again it's very small, no chipping or cracking of paint but anyone know what it would cost to remove such an eye sore to set my mind at easy?

I might ask the dealer to take a looksee during her annual check-up in a few months but god, that's seems like forever from now.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
An experienced dent repair person can really work wonders. It sounds like the area affected shouldn't have any issues with access behind the panel to push it back out. Check out how the tools reach in via the intake area.

Start your search by posting for recommendations in the local forum and call the dealer to ask who they use. Cars get ding'ed on the lot all the time.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
The photos above were taken during a ding repair PCA workshop event held at Princeton (now Don Rosen) Porsche.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Bring her back there! This fellow (the name escapes me right now but I have his card at home) has been doing repairs like this for years and is an "old hand" at it.

Let me get you his contact info later, it may be cheaper to work with him directly for the fix...

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Hopefully it can be repaired and not been seen any longer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had a "bad" ding in my wife's Benz repaired for $50 (cash). Most of these guys are pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts