Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Cayman S got "keyed" this past weekend.
Aaaaarrrhhh...

Just have to vent a little!

Any repair suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to hear. What were the circumstances?

·
Registered
197 Posts
F... I would be so pissed!!! I feel your pain, I'm sure you can have it corrected by any reputable shop. Depending on how deep, it may be able to be buffed out?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
That sucks...

A quality body shop should be able to sand and re-spray. They'll probably do both sides of the car.

Depends on how deep it is, but sadly there will be a slight trace of it even after repaint if it got too deep (down to the metal...will happen if they use a knife). You can try fight the shop/insurance for a new panel at that point because cuts down to the metal are near impossible to make disappear...granted the guy must of really hated you if they used a sharp knife.

I hate those bastards... one night in SC Charleston, some f#$W%@ers keyed every single car parked on the curb slots for miles.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
That really sucks. Can you give us some more details on the circumstances? maybe some pics. Bad part of town?

·
Registered
184 Posts
stop taking up two spaces and parking in the handicap spot.

KIDDING (but yea, don't do that either).

that really does suck. i had someone that kept writing on one of my car with sticky fingers once. not as bad as getting keyed but it did mess up the clear coat and every time i washed it i could see the writing until i had it fixed by a pro. they did it more than once.

i don't understand someone even thinking it's okay to touch someone else's belongings let alone key them. just the worst. sorry it happened to you.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Very sorry to hear that. I've had a brand new car keyed years ago. The dealership fixed everything so that you could not tell it had happened.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Oh man that is terrible. Nothing more to add than what's been said...but yeeesh. Sorry.

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
are you sure an ex-gf is not around the neighborhood?

that happened to a friend of mine...nothing like a woman scorn..

i feel your pain...

lemon

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
ouch, while it is nice to daydream some ultimate revenge scenarios, in my part of the world there are a few beliefs that hold strong in some cultures....
that a small hit of bad luck reduces the chance of something larger (absorbing bad energy/karma)

a good bodyshop/paintshop can do wonders and you'd struggle to see any difference.

here's something to cheer you up..

·
Revhead
366 Posts
Mean, envious, spiteful people suck.

i wonder if the OP will ever reply to this thread. first and last post? weird reason to join.
His profile indicates he joined back in 2013, but I guess he never felt the urge to actually post until now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts