Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing the CDR-24 in my 2006 Boxster with a Pioneer W4660NEX head unit and the Axxess AX-PO90052 interface kit. I purchased the car with the "Sound Package Plus" option which I thought I remembered was the Bose option.

I completed wiring the Axxess interface and the instructions say specifically the wires going to the speaker harness are not used, presumably because the MOST box routes the audio signal to the Bose amp which then drives the speakers. Despite confirming the installation with Cruchfield, I get no sound out of the system although everything seems to be working properly.

When I removed the CDR-24 I noticed it had both the orange fiber optic cables and a bundle of speaker wires plugged into it. I assumed the harness was the same for both the Bose and non-Bose systems and the speaker wires weren't really needed. To confirm this, I reinstalled the CDR-24 and found it will only play WITH the speaker wire bundle plugged in regardless of whether the fiber optic cables are in or out.

The amp in the front trunk is labeled ASK and in doing some research on this site, I now have come to believe the "Sound Package Plus" included an amp and extra speakers but is not a Bose system. Can anyone confirm this for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You don’t have the Bose amp. I assume your door panels don’t have a Bose logo on the speaker cover under the door handle like the below photo? That is good because it is easier/cheaper to replace a non-Bose headunit.
The Bose amp uses fiber optic cable between the headunit and amp. Your amp uses the signal wires as you have noted. I suspect the fiber optic cable is connected to the optional 6 disc CD changer located in the frunk in the compartment in front of the battery. Does your car have that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm feeling pretty dumb right now but it's definitely not a Bose system. No CD changer either but I assume the wiring harness is set up for what ever options are available. Fortunately Cruchfield offered to let me return the Axxess interface even though it was my mistake. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts