Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know I have a 2006 CS and I ordered a new CS way back in March 2009 which was originally going to be an 2009 model but due to the really long order time, and thanks to the "paint to sample" process, its now finally going to be a 2010 model. The wait is almost over with only a few days to go till collection. Ive resisted blurting out the final option list to all, for no particular reason other than keeping it a mystery like Ken would. :taunt:

OK, so this is it...

Paint to sample.
PASM.
PCCB.
LSD.
Sports Chrono plus.
Sports Seats.
Analog and Digital TV Tuner.
Homelink.
Rain sensors and auto dim mirror.
Coloured wheel crests.
Floor mats.
Window tint.

Country included options...

Park Assist.
Climate control.
Cruise control.
Electrically adjustable seats with driver memory (hope this is ok with the sports seats).
Porsche PCM with Sat Nav.
Six disc CD/DVD changer.

Sheesh, is this the longest factory option list here or what? ;)

Apparently even the guys in other dealerships across the other side of the country know about this build. :hilarious:

Ok, for the colour. Well I cant really describe it and it has no official name, so I guess I have come up with a few names.
1. Pearlescent Violet Black.
2. Black with red and blue pearl.
3. Black cherry pearl.
I will try and photograph it later. I hope to heck it is the same as my sample. *worried look*

:banana:

P.S. Thanks to this this web site I spent a truck load of $$$. AUD$201,000.00 (US$187,000.00), more or less.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
:dance::dance:Been the loooooooooogest wait ever, can't wait to see the mystery colour.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Fully loaded indeed; can not wait to see the pics. Mind me asking about the taz you pay?
:thanks:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Holy mackral is all I can say.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
A bit dissapointed to not see some interior parts painted to match, full leather and some carbon fibre trim :taunt:

That's a hefty price tag in Oz you pay for the Cayman, and is touching on the price they pay in the US for a GT2 or a every option under the sun 2010 GT3 RS...crazy.

I thought the prices were high back in Holland, but you guys have it bad.....it's worth it though! :cheers:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is my list...

Nordic Gold
19" wheels with painted crests
PASM
LSD
Insignias painted black
Nav
XM Radio
Bluetooth
No CD changer
Ipod connection
Heated Sport Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Bi Xenon
Park assist
Rain sensor

This is after I have cut the list to the bear essentials. I would really like the brake package and the chrono is nice but in the long run they would not get used that often for the extra $9k.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
PASM.
PCCB.
Are you planning to track your car a lot? PCCB is a very expensive option!

Analog and Digital TV Tuner.
I'm curious about this. Is this a Porsche factory option?

P.S. Thanks to this this web site I spent a truck load of $$$. AUD$201,000.00 (US$187,000.00), more or less.
:eek:

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Color reminds me what Mazda offered on the Miata in the early 00's here in the States. Their "undercolor" was either black cherry or emerald green underneath the black pearl. Possible the coolest factory paint I've ever seen. Can't wait to see pix:)

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Here is my list...

Nordic Gold
19" wheels with painted crests
PASM
LSD
Insignias painted black
Nav
XM Radio
Bluetooth
No CD changer
Ipod connection
Heated Sport Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Bi Xenon
Park assist
Rain sensor

This is after I have cut the list to the bear essentials. I would really like the brake package and the chrono is nice but in the long run they would not get used that often for the extra $9k.
Chrono is a good option but if you get a flash later, you can get the sport mode put programmed into it.

The brake package is nice, but it's pretty easy to mess up the PCCB brakes on a hot day at the track. New rotors are prohibitive for these things. For sporting street use, you get brakes that last forever and much lighter unsprung weight, which is all good. However, I'd sooner get a nice aftermarket brake set for half the money.

Nice car! Anyone like that eggshell white color with Carrera Red Interior? I think it would look very retro and cool.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went into the dealership thinking Carrera S with PDK and came out with Cayman S manual after several test drives. I love the Cayman especially since I have a 98 Boxster at home. I really like the balance of the Boxster/Cayman. I have decided that if you put the colors in the Porsche crest in a blender Nordic Gold is what it would look like.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If the carbon fiber did anything other than provide "looks" then sure; but high priced interior do-dads are useless. Carbon fiber is for body panels.

I will likely do an aftermarket exhaust system and forced induction after the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow, $35k odd of options, will be a great ride. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Shame you live on the otherside of the country, would have been good to see it in the flesh sometime.

Enjoy and Congrats.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you planning to track your car a lot? PCCB is a very expensive option!
I'm curious about this. Is this a Porsche factory option?
:eek:
Yes later I will head to the track, after the run-in and clear bra instal etc.
Digital TV, - yes that a factory option. Kinda a luxury option, so when I have to wait to pick up someone I can catch up with the news etc.

What no carbon fibre or sports exhaust? pfff :)
Cant order CF :( . And the Capristo is already here to go on later!

Yes a road trip, meet in the middle Adelaide sounds about right, come to the Porsche Show March 7th, see you there
Hmm, bit of a LONG trip across the desert. UFOs and all you know.

Just picked up the car 1 hour ago. Must type quick, off now to go somewhere....bye

P.S. Colour is FREEKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oohh hahhhhh

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't wait to see the pictures. Have fun. I can't get out in mine as it's snowing here in England!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts