Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Beautiful! I did the same last night on a deserted road expect for kangaroos :( I'm liking the car more & more.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Was that down a hill? :hilarious:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not downhill.... Highway!

The car is bone stock right now. I'm thinking of exhaust/plenum/softronic only. We'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I need one zero to 100, please!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
We'll be sent to JAIL if caught replicating your stunt here in the U.S.
I wouldn't do the 0-100 if I were you as it's really tough on the clutch/trans when you floor it on 1st gear from zero. Just my 0.02.
Porsches have no issues with what you filmed as it's what happens at track days. Besides your film was amazing as-is : I figure only 12 secs or so to jump from 65kph to 200+ kph. Now just imagine in some tracks here in the U.S. like VIR Caymans are going through cicanes at that speed or more !

Will do, but be warned... you will be scared :D

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
This is just a gentle reminder that discussion of street racing/exhibitions of speed are against forum rules, and this thread is slowly starting to push that envelope. While I realize that the OP is not based in the USA, this issue has been discussed and debated previously.

Please limit discussion to what's seen on the video or this thread will have to be closed.

·
Registered
417 Posts
WAW. I am thinking PDK if I ever bought another Porsche again.;)
Doc.: Enjoy man.
One question: What maximim speed have you reached so far?
:thanks:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't go top speed, my knees shake and I get all sweaty and have to stop... I think i'm too old for this :D

Btw, a member on teamspeed calculated the 100-200km/h time and it was 10.97secs!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
This is just a gentle reminder that discussion of street racing/exhibitions of speed are against forum rules, and this thread is slowly starting to push that envelope. While I realize that the OP is not based in the USA, this issue has been discussed and debated previously.

Please limit discussion to what's seen on the video or this thread will have to be closed.
In previous threads I understood some gentlemen/members were concerned about the safety of the driver and were warning him that (God forbid) one day he may regret such actions. But just now I found out it is against the forum rules. Therefore, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Two questions came to my mind (I don't mean to challenge you or the forum rules; on the contrary I actually praise the civil way you addressed the matter but)
Q1) Isn't the subject more related to speed violations not street racing?
Q2) Is it illegal in the States to discuss street racing on forums?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts