Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my first DE at the Castrol Raceway in Canada and it was a blast! The car handled amazingly! Keep in mind I'm no expert, but it was a fun and educating experience for me. Wanted to thank my instructor Ken endowing me with his driving experience.

Lots of nice car that showed up, see pics at the bottom. In video i kept my car in sports plus mode and it was flawless.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't realize the video quality was so bad with tapatalk. I'll try to upload a higher quality video when I get the chance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here my front tires (P-Zero) after

Not too bad but I guess it was only a half day session from 4-9 pm. The OEM brakes still felt good at the end of the day. Overall compared to my '08 BMW M3 track days I am very happy with my CS.

·
Registered
507 Posts
would love to see the video!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finding so more time on my hands I have decided to list a few things that I learnt or observed from my first DE. I hope this helps the few who haven't had the chance yet for a DE. Feel free to add or comment with any tips you may have:

- bring a tire pressure gauge along and measure it and adjust it hot (right after each racing session)
- I found 36psi for rear and front gave me the best feel
- stay hydrated with plenty of water (You will need lots)
- bring windshield cleaner for all the bug splatter that can impede your view
- have an extra bottle of engine oil on hand and gasoline if your track is far from a gas station (I was very surprised how fast you guzzle up gas on the track)
- allow ample warm up and cool down of you car (warm up and cool down laps)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Seems like you did really well for your very first DE. Next time get video from inside the cabin so that we can see your driving habits. As an instructor I would want to see your hand positioning, how smooth you are on the steering wheel etc etc.

From the videos you've posted it seems like your line was quite good through most of the corners, it also sounded like your throttle control was good. But having video from inside the cabin can really help us give you pointers! Great job on your first DE and Hope to see more!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks payne295171! I will try to get video from the cabin next time, but because these videos are from my dash cam I will have to figure out another way.

I have been to maybe 2 other DE but that was with my '08 BMW M3 so I guess I have had a bit of experience before. Just the first time with my CS though.

Planning to go again on July.01 but want to get a good oil change done before I go.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The tires held up a little better than I expected them to. How did they perform? Did they get greasy later in the session?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They were very good actually. But u can see some peeling already. We went on 20min sessions and it was a evening run so weather was not too hot so that helped I'm sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts