Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all those times reading your posts and responses, I finally realized what you all meant about this amazing piece of engineering. There are so many features that I didn't even know I needed like the dash management system, the cruise controls... everything has a reason to be there.

I purchased this used 2013 base boxster in Naples, Florida. Decided to fly down and drive back up to NY. It's been amazing so far, currently in Virginia as we speak. Have been driving since wednesday night. The experience is unreal, though a lot of mini vans would follow me around. I'm assuming to check it out since I used to do that as well, don't judge!

This one you guys should try: play James Bond songs with the top down on Pandora. It feels pretty amazing!

IMG_5476.JPG IMG_5475.JPG IMG_5484.JPG IMG_5507.JPG View attachment 63301 IMG_5513.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful colour... Amaranth, correct?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Enjoy the ride. Fly in and drive home is the best way to start a relationship.
I hope you find the time to get off the main highway and enjoy some good roads.
Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
514 Posts
congrats. They really are amazing machines. On my second pcar after straying and it sure does feel good to back.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Congrats! You obviously purchased the right car. I think most of us here feel/felt the same way. Enjoy! As previously mentioned, make sure to jump off the highway. There are some great roads in VA that will help you to really discover what you have just purchased. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I like that color.

·
Incurable Gearhead
964 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the drive! I bought my cream puff in FL a couple years back, flew out and drove her home, too!
:cheers:

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
I see they threw in Porsche water! Sweet deal!

And yeah, make sure you drive the right roads while in Virginias and Carolinas...

After all those times reading your posts and responses, I finally realized what you all meant about this amazing piece of engineering. There are so many features that I didn't even know I needed like the dash management system, the cruise controls... everything has a reason to be there.

I purchased this used 2013 base boxster in Naples, Florida. Decided to fly down and drive back up to NY. It's been amazing so far, currently in Virginia as we speak. Have been driving since wednesday night. The experience is unreal, though a lot of mini vans would follow me around. I'm assuming to check it out since I used to do that as well, don't judge!

This one you guys should try: play James Bond songs with the top down on Pandora. It feels pretty amazing!

View attachment 63297 View attachment 63298 View attachment 63299 View attachment 63300 View attachment 63301 View attachment 63302

·
Registered
144 Posts
We used to sometimes play music from Bond movies while racing across the lake in our boat. It was highly amusing.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Congrats! Like the color combo.

Or, you can turn off the music and just listen to the wail of the flat 6.

Enjoy and safe travels!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Glad to have you part of the family. I, unfortunately came to Porsche later in life and after 40+ cars. I am now on my 4th Cayman having just taken delivery of the 2016 two weeks ago. Even a drive to get a loaf of bread is an enjoyable adventure................

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cool color combination with beige interior!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks all! I exited a few times for gas and the GPS routed me to some roads that were fun and drive through. I stepped on it a few times on a straight, clear, no car road and it was amazing. Everytime I leave the car I'm in awe and everytime I come back I'm in awe. :)

Now heading back, I think I'm going to go through that phase where my friends would want to take it out for a spin. Did this happen to you guys as well? How did you deal with it?

I also have the elusive umbrella holder! :hilarious:

Anyway cheers guys and thanks for welcome me to this great family :cheers:

By the way why are some of my pictures up side down when they weren't originally?

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Enjoy your drive with your beautiful car. This is the perfect time to bond with it.

I picked my 13 Boxter in Saskatchewan in June and drove it back home 1800 miles across the top of Lake Superior and enjoyed it thoroughly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts