Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my baby :banana:, but I do feel a little buyer's remorse...I'm sure it will go away soon...looking forward to being part of the P-Car familia.

2006 Cayman S
Slate Grey Metallic
6 Speed Manual
Black Full Leather
Black Mats
Power Seat Package
PCM 2.1
Bi XENON
PASM
Front Lip Ext color
Auto climate control
Sport Chrono
Bose Surround
Sport Shifter

Will post pix soon!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride. Can't wait for the pix.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
I bought mine a couple of month ago and have had ZERO buyers remorse. I was afraid that I might especially after writing that check each month, but haven't had any at all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
34,000 remorseless miles later, I still love my Cayman! Hope you soon feel the same. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Congratulations! I am really enjoying mine that I bought a month ago. No remorse here. What reservations do you have?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Enjoy your first real sports car. May I suggest two things. First, really study the owner's manual, lots of nifty features tucked inside. Second, take a mini-vacation and enjoy driving the car. When I got mine I did both and came home about a thousand miles later truly smitten. Drive safely.

And that was 20 months and 23,000 miles ago. Still smitten. Ed

·
Registered
240 Posts
the only buyers remorse I had is why I didn't buy a porsche sooner....
Totally agree!

I bought mine in Sacramento on a Thursday evening in May. Friday was spent ripping around in the foothills near HWY 49. Saturday and Sunday were glorious days of ripping down HWY 49 and the back roads, then 58 to JTNP and I-10 home to Phoenix. The remorse was obliterated in the first few miles of twisty bits, and kept at bay forever by the trip home.

In it's element, free from commuters and cops, it is as good as anything (short of a motorbike in perfect conditions.) Good therapy, too!

Life is too short to regret the really good things! ENJOY!

And congratulations!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations! I am really enjoying mine that I bought a month ago. No remorse here. What reservations do you have?
Haha thanks guys, I feel better now. I took her out today and man it's a huge :) on my face when I drive it!

CS Blues, what do you mean by reservations?

I've owned 300ZX TT, E46 M3 SMG and 335 w/ Procede V3 prior and this by far drives the best. The 335 felt faster because of all the torque, but nowhere near in the handling department. That's what I bought it for.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty much the first day I actually got to drive it today and already got my first compliment today when I was filling up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice equipped cayman. Post pix man! You in socal? Maybe i'll see you around :)
Yup, in Irvine/Tustin area. You? I don't see many Caymans around town. Hopefully we'll run into each other sometime. :)

Will hopefully post pix this weekend.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Enjoy your first real sports car. May I suggest two things. First, really study the owner's manual, lots of nifty features tucked inside. Second, take a mini-vacation and enjoy driving the car. When I got mine I did both and came home about a thousand miles later truly smitten. Drive safely.
Don't forget to carry a cell phone.

Like all too many modern cars, there's no spare, so if you get a flat the can of tire goo can't fix, you're stuck waiting for a tow, and either way you're stuck waiting for a new tire to ship in.

Arguably you're in better shape than a BMW with its run-flats, though.

That's not a cut on Porsche, just the reality of most sports or even sporty cars these days.

But once you've got the basics taken care of, enjoy the trip. :D

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Congrats, I cant see why you're having any remorse. It looks like a nice car :p

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations on the new Porsche!

I will tell you that the 335i is not sounding like a great car to have without a warranty. The guys on E90Post are having problems with injectors, HPFP (although covered by an extended warranty), etc. Plus, you have to wonder about longevity when running the V3 or JB3!

I wish I could say I was enjoying my Cayman but it is in my garage with a battery tender as we speak. Twelve inches of snow and -5F is not pretty!

Dave

·
Registered
159 Posts
welcome to the Slate Grey club! The best paint color there is!! :)

Here's mine..

Porsche : Cayman:eBay Motors (item 110455008365 end time Nov-15-09 14:18:26 PST)

Oh, by the way, click on my profile and look up my past posts. I had HUGE buyers remorse!!! I felt so bad about buying the car that I barely drove it the first week. Every single day I've owned it (being about 2 weeks now) it's just gotten better. Take it from someone in your shoes. You'll enjoy it more and more every day. I went from total buyers remorse to 'couldn't be happier with it' in just a few weeks. I'm already setting up to put a Borla exhaust on it in the next week or so.

Congrats!!!!!

Santa Barbara here. Where in Cali are you?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Haha thanks guys, I feel better now. I took her out today and man it's a huge :) on my face when I drive it!

CS Blues, what do you mean by reservations?

I've owned 300ZX TT, E46 M3 SMG and 335 w/ Procede V3 prior and this by far drives the best. The 335 felt faster because of all the torque, but nowhere near in the handling department. That's what I bought it for.
You did mention you had reservations. I was just wondering what they could be. For me the CS is my first Porsche also and I was a little gun shy at first to drive it around the neighborhood given the state of the economy and such. This soon passed as my enjoyment of driving the car took over.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Remorse? After selling a Porsche, I always tell myself that I won't get another one. Then I do.

The regrets that I have is that I parted with each one of them. I wish I could have kept them all.

And the Cayman is truly a very special Porsche. After 4 years of ownership, I get the same enjoyment that I did on the first day.

I miss the cash, sure. But not as much as I would miss this car.

Enjoy your car. And welcome to the swamp!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts