Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following this forum closely since 2006, I just recently purchased my fist Porsche, a 2012 Cayman R with 18,000 miles from a non Porsche dealer. The car is absolutely amazing! The dealer said they changed the oil before the sale. My question is since the car will mainly be used as a weekend toy, should I have the 20,000 mile service performed now, or can I just wait for the next service in 12 months?

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If it were mine, I'd have the oil changed. Wouldn't want old oil sitting in my new toy for another 12 months.

Machog

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The 20,000 mile service is not too involved and may be worth considering. At a minimum, might be worth having the brake system flushed based on age if that has not been done as well as a 4 wheel alignment if that has never been done, either. Just a thought...............

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Are you certain that the 20 K maintenance wasn't already done? It should have been done in 2 years or 2014. Almost every dealer will do an oil change before selling a car, so I wouldn't worry about that. The brake fluid should be changed in 2 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pictures are recently took.

Thanks again for all the great info on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
First that is a BEAUTIFUL R... Classic combination!! Noted was to have an alignment done. I assume the R and the Spyder have the same spec for alignment. Is the alignment different than a Boxster / Cayman in standard trim? I ask because as with Madrax my spyder is a weekend toy as well. Should the car be set to a different spec to enjoy it based on such use?

Did not mean to hijack the the thread but thank you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is a nice car, must be a beast to drive. Fairly certain the R sits a little lower so that may impact the alignment. Check your tires for the proper pressure and for any abnormal wear.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Incredibly jealous of that interior. Did you have a PPI done prior to purchase? Also if you provide a Porsche service advisor with your VIN they might be able to check in the system to see what all has been done (assuming it was at a dealer).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts