Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow P-car owners,

This past Thursday I found myself with a day off and decided to take a small road trip to a dealer across the state to look at a used 981 Cayman. Well you all know where this is going already, so may I present to you, my (new-to-me) 2014 2.7L Cayman!

My spec (built 11/2013)

-Agate gray metallic
-Standard black interior
-Tinted tail lights
-19" boxster S wheels in black
-6 speed manual
-Sport design steering wheel
-Sport chrono
-Convenience & infotainment package
-The bag of pretzels the dealer let me eat while signing the paperwork

At first I was not so crazy about the black wheels on an already dark car, but they're growing on me. I might have to find someone ditching a pair in silver one day..

After having a few cars with decent power and torque (M-cars), all I truely need for the public road is much less than most people are willing to admit. I've never had more fun that wringing this Cayman out and working to stay in the power-band. Being back in a NA motored car is wonderful and Porsche's manual transmission is glorious. Ive never experienced anything like the sheer momentum I can carry through a corner in this beast. The tires have yet to even begin to communicate any limit to traction. So this is what a car built from the ground up to be a sports car feels like!

Also, can anyone explain why just having the clock on the dash from sport chrono makes me smile?

(I hear all Cayman drivers are required to leave the spoiler in the fully erected position at all times! (Joking))

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Vehicle Radio-controlled car Car Model car Supercar

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am in the same boat with "Dark Beauty", a gorgeous 2014 boxster in Basalt Black Metallic.
I am doing everthing possible to add some silver/chrome:
1) 21" silver wheels with black center caps
2) Porsche silver license plate holder: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/LPFBRUSHED.html
3) I am getting the single exhaust tip chrome plated or ceramic coated
4) custom painted silver highlights to the rockers and side intakes

It has the small calipers, so painting these was not worth it.
Still, I am impressed with these composite rotor brakes ! I saved a ground hog the other day when it scurried right in front of me.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Beautiful car, and of course I'm biased! My self I prefer the silver or platinum wheels over the black wheels. I think the contrast really pops. Have fun and wring the heck out of it!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Beautiful looking car, and congrats on a GREAT car for your first Porsche. Enjoy winding the hell out of that engine..l know I do mine.

Reactions: Vethen

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations. I was never a fan of black wheels BUT, if you're gonna go in that direction, the polished outer rim on that wheel is absolutely mandatory. Very nice and best of luck with it.:cheers:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congrats on choosing wisely! :) Our cars are very similar sans wheels and trans. The clear side marker lights to replace the orange was my first mod, although the orange doesn't look too bad against the gray.

Have fun from another P-car newbie!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'm finding it very difficult to not drive the car for no reason at all.

I plan to order a set of clear side markers eventually, trying to pace myself and just enjoy the car for what it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.