Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

First Cayman. First Porsche. First German car actually !.......And thoroughly enjoying my first couple of weeks of ownership.

Its a 2007 car with 46k, just 2 owners and a full Porsche history. A decent genuine and very tidy car i hope.

So far in trying to get it the very best i reasonably can / tie up a few loose ends and 'make it mine' : i've:

. Given it a major clean and detail inside / under the hood etc and fitted a C-Tek charger
. New Sebro rear discs / Textar pads
. Had a light machine polish / paintwork-seal done
. Matt Black lower door decals and matching rear Cayman badge
. New Stainless Eurocup exhaust tips
. Renewed the Air Oil separator

What cars these are. I can't stop feeling special sitting inside; and grinning like a cat whenever i drive it.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I think I speak for all of us here that the feeling you described getting in the car is how we all feel! The best part is it never goes away, instead it gets even stronger! I glance at mine every time I walk away. That states nothing about the feeling of driving them! They are a brilliant and beautiful combination of art and machine at their extreme excellence.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the family. If you haven't already, look into joining Porsche Club GB. I attended some of their events when I was posted in Germany and met several members while at LeMans. As it appears you possess a bit of "mechanical sensitivity" your Cayman is certainly in good hands and will serve you well. Don't forget to share the love with your non-Porsche friends, especially the younger ones. I still remember, some 60 years on, some of my first Porsche experiences when I was a nipper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your first Porsche

Way to go, Syer -- my first Porsche was also a 2007 Cayman (mine looked similar: Meteor Gray). And something tells me this won't be your last Porsche. . .
Have a blast!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Your first Porsche

Thankyou for the warm welcome here; and of course to Porsche ownership guys.

It might be a 'baby Porsche' - but the driving experience is fantastic. And the aura, sensations and howl when 'on cam' all make it very addictive.

Its a really tidy car and very well sorted. The completely anal me is just tidying up a few loose-ends right now. Today is re-powder-coating of the wheels and new rubber being fitted :)

Thanks again chaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts