Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone...
Currently working overseas in Germany and I had to do it...my first Porsche. I bought a 2007 Cayman (Non-S) and am awaiting shipment. I have never even been in a Cayman (have been in a Boxter and 911) and only have the planet-9 forum to enlighten me with what I am about to experience.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Welcome and Congrats - don't think you'll be disappointed. :cheers:

Don't quite understand though . . . if you are in Germany, where is it being shipped from/to?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buying a Porsche in Germany is REALLy expensive (I know it doesn't make sense). 2007 Caymans (non-s) are in the neigborhood of 40K-50K Euros (that is roughly 55K-65K dollars). Got mine for MUCH less :). Several factors as to why they are so expensive here ...1.) The tax rate of 19% 2.) There are some economic factors and Government/Porsche "partnerships" 3.) because people will still buy them here no matter how much they cost.

Being shipped from California to Stuttgart.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think you're the one who bought my car!

On Thursday I was going to test drive a white 07 base cayman in Torrance, CA. The dealer called me up and said a guy in Stuttgart just bought it. "It's going home", he said.

Anyways, congratz and welcome! You got a really good deal on a low mileage car. Also thanks for breaking by habit of buying white cars. :cheers:

·
West Coast Group & PCA Member
269 Posts
Congratulations! I have an 08 2.7 and enjoy driving it every chance I get. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hope you are happy and the Cayman is a great car. The question is whether it is a great car for you and you should always get in a car and drive it before purchasing it. Preferably the actual car you are buying, but at least the same model with similar options.

But best of luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts