Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed I had some paint chipping in the seam right above the side air intake. It's small but noticeable and can probably get bigger. I did a search and found another P9 member with a similar issue but his was much larger: Paint Peel @ 2 Weeks Advise Please ! - Page 4. Yes, this is serious since my CS is only a month old and the idea of repaint on any portion of the car is very unsettling. The chipping looks to be at the top edge of the lower plastic panel. It's the panel that surrounds the side intake, extends down and becomes the side skirt. Hopefully, there's another option besides repaint and blending.

Anyways, the main purpose of this thread is not about the car issues but how I was treated. This was my first visit after purchase and my initial interaction with their service dept.

First, my SA introduced me to their service manager, Steve. Very nice guy. Immediately came out to my car to inspect the issue, took photos and stated they would send them off to their Porsche rep and get back to me on how this would be handled. He asked if there were any other issues and I stated the driver seat bottom cushion (not the bolsters) leather is already showing some significant wrinkles. I expressed the leather pieces seemed really loose. He agreed and took more photos. Again, would contact their rep. Then, I stated this was my first P car and had no clue what was normal or not pertaining to the MT. It just seems a little clunky on the 1-2 shift and the gear selector sounded overly metallic. But, what do I know. Then, he asked if I wanted to take a drive with their shop foreman, Doug. Of course, I didn't decline. The shop foreman came out and we went for a 15 minute drive. During which he explained a bunch of things and reassured me everything was just fine and very normal. We get back to the dealership and we start to talk cars. Very interesting stuff and a bevy of info/knowledge. Doug has worked at this dealership since the early 90's. Wow! Really nice guy and a pleasure to speak with.

They made a great first impression. A great start in building rapport with their service department.

Unlike other areas, SoCal has multiple Porsche dealerships to have your car serviced. It seems like Circle Porsche in Long Beach is a great choice.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Matches the kind of experience I have had at the 3 different dealers with whom I have dealt over time in Alabama, Georgia, and now Florida.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
A very encouraging post. A lot of posts about dealers are about poor experiences, so it is good to hear a positive story like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts