Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A-ha!

Well, yesterday I received my G-Tech/Pro SS via UPS. And after doing the configuration, I decided not to test it immediately as I don't know the exact Pitch Factor for my 2006 manual CS (I kept it at default 2.0). But this morning on my way to work I decided to give it a try and here are the results: :taunt:

0-60 mph in 4.13 sec :cheers:
1/4 mile in 11.52 sec @ 145.9 mph :gossip:

Of course I couldn't believe my eyes :eek: So I did another run and it gave me the following:
0-60 mph in 5.76
1/4 mile in 14.12 @ 102.2

Both runs were not in ideal conditions as I performed both on a main road with approaching traffic :eek: in the rear mirror and I wasn't satisfied with the launches either before checking the results. And of course the second result was not satisfactory to me and the 1st one cannot be real :( (I can only wish)

I will put it to the test again tomorrow in the early morning... meanwhile, I am enjoying the 1st result :banana:

To be honest, I can't figure out the error/mistake that may have led to the 1st results. The configuration was correct, the G-Tech is fixed and the road was flat!

Anybody had such figures?

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's porsche turbo territory :D
You always manage to make me laugh loud !!!

It turned out ya Doc. that Abu al-Abed's method was very accurate considering it did come very close to the G-Tech results :hilarious:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hey, I like the first results. When some one asks me how fast my CS will go, I'll tell them I have never timed it, but I know this guy who got a ....;).

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
A-ha!

Well, yesterday I received my G-Tech/Pro SS via UPS. And after doing the configuration, I decided not to test it immediately as I don't know the exact Pitch Factor for my 2006 manual CS (I kept it at default 2.0). But this morning on my way to work I decided to give it a try and here are the results: :taunt:

0-60 mph in 4.13 sec :cheers:
1/4 mile in 11.52 sec @ 145.9 mph :gossip:

Of course I couldn't believe my eyes :eek: So I did another run and it gave me the following:
0-60 mph in 5.76

Both runs were not in ideal conditions as I performed both on a main road with approaching traffic :eek: in the rear mirror and I wasn't satisfied with the launches either before checking the results. And of course the second result was not satisfactory to me and the 1st one cannot be real :( (I can only wish)

I will put it to the test again tomorrow in the early morning... meanwhile, I am enjoying the 1st result :banana:

To be honest, I can't figure out the error/mistake that may have led to the 1st results. The configuration was correct, the G-Tech is fixed and the road was flat!

Anybody had such figures?
The first run is clearly off the planet unless you have a turbo.
But the concern now is that the readings are inconsistent. Its like it was not logging for the for 2 seconds.

I verified mine at a real drag strip and was within 0.2 seconds (slower). Probably because my GTIMER 2 starts on the slightest movement.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I slept late last night and woke up before dawn, performed dawn prayer and off to the garage. She knew it was time to prove if she has a turbo in her belly from the previous owner, or if she was faking it.

It was 5:30 in the morning when I drove out of the garage warming her up for few kilometers before putting her to the test again. Five times in a raw and all led to similar results... close to:
0-60 mph in 5.76

She was innocent... no turbo! But the results came short to what others get from their 2006 manual CS.

I was truly disappointed. The sport button was always on and I tried launching the car both ways with PSM off and on. But the results didn't get any better. :(

I always thought of myself as an excellent driver... now my mistress came and shook that image! Should I blame her or should I blame my driving skill? Does she need new tires? Maintenance? ...or a better driver?

Afterwards I drove her softly for two hours with the windows down as Bryan Adams went on singing in the background "Please Forgive Me!"

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Good one, LOL!

If your car is stock you should be able to do slightly better.
Empty the tank.
Dont have lunch.
Controlled clutch dump.
Slam into 2nd n 3rd real fast.
PSM off.
A/C off.
Windows up.
She'll thank you for it and reward you accordingly. :burnout:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Road and Track timed 0-60 in 4.8secs.

Test notes:

"Standing-start acceleration for Cayman best accomplished by a drop-clutch launch while holding the engine at 4500rpm, which is followed by significant wheelspin and wheel tramp. Upshifts are precise and effortless".

Test conditions:

Temp - 70 F
Humidity - 52%
Elevation - 500ft
Wind - Calm

Practice makes perfect :)...

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
hate to break it to you, but those are WEAK numbers...

Could be the device you are using tho... do you have access to another one?

Just trying to look from all angles.

JT

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Hassaan, If I were to run my CS even early in the morning I am certain temps would be still dam high from the tarmac and so although it's a little cooler in Hail at the moment compared to Dubai the intake temperatures will be high and that will provide less performance.

The only time to get max performance from our cars is during Winter, when tarmac temperatures are perfect and intake temps are much much better.

Bear in mind that ambient temperatures were probably around 27-30 C (80-86 F) and given daytime peaks of 39 C + (102 F) around Hail (I checked online ;) )and how much the buildings and tarmac would store of this heat then it would certainly provide higher intake temperatures even during your early morning run.

Add to the above other possible factors that effect times and you have to expect times over the 5 second mark to be normal.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hassaan, If I were to run my CS even early in the morning I am certain temps would be still dam high from the tarmac and so although it's a little cooler in Hail at the moment compared to Dubai the intake temperatures will be high and that will provide less performance.

The only time to get max performance from our cars is during Winter, when tarmac temperatures are perfect and intake temps are much much better.

Bear in mind that ambient temperatures were probably around 27-30 C (80-86 F) and given daytime peaks of 39 C + (102 F) around Hail (I checked online ;) )and how much the buildings and tarmac would store of this heat then it would certainly provide higher intake temperatures even during your early morning run.

Add to the above other possible factors that effect times and you have to expect times over the 5 second mark to be normal.
Thank you DuneBasher - all the way from Oetztal in Austria - for your comment...

I seriously miss my reptile here in this piece-of-heaven valley! I am sure I'll put my reptile back to the test on better occasions but lately I am convincing myself with the fact that CS are not drag cars :( But this really hurts as I find almost every car brand (for example: Audi, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Toyota, Mazda, Ford, Chevrolet... etc. ) in the world has one model that goes 0-60 in 5 seconds. And some of these has SUVs or sedans who make it 0-60 in 5 seconds !!!

So it is not really a special score any more to be in the 5 seconds category... What the CS has among others is the character, look, style and class but that can all get humiliated at a drag race on the streets.

I know many on this forum may disagree with me but these are my thoughts. The CS needs more power to stand up in the crowd (the 5 seconds category is a ****); otherwise so many guys here wouldn't have gone that far in mods.

...back to my vacation in the Alps :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts