Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started a blog entitled European Delivery where I will provide a detailed report on the Porsche European Delivery process from start to finish. The blog will serve the purpose of both a reference for others who are considering / planning an Euro Delivery and be my scrap book for pictures and stories to remember.

Each post made on the on blog will also be posted in this thread. This blog will not allow comments so as to keep the information concise for future reference. Whereas, this thread will allow real time comments (like every thread).

I would like to thank those P-9 members in advance who have added or clarified information to help make this blog as complete and accurate as possible. I will try to give credit or make mention of your contribution wherever possible.

My first entry into the blog..

Part 1. Why Choose European Delivery for a Porsche?

The reason we choose European Delivery for our GT4 was a 2 part decision. First, I wanted to experience driving the car on the Autobahn, the Porsche Leipzig track, the mountain passes, and the Nurburgring. The second part was my wife's desire for a "real vacation" to travel to interesting cities and places. The Porsche European Delivery was the perfect solution for our family of 2.

Other reasons may include; to celebrate the car's birthright to drive fast on the Autobahn, or perhaps you can pair it up with a company-paid business trip to Europe, or to visit friends in Europe, or to take a few hot lap on the worlds' most famous race tracks such as Spa Francorchamps, Silverstone, Monza, or Nurburgring in your car. Or perhaps it is because most of the worlds' Top 10 Best places to drive are in Europe, or maybe you want to take a winter ski vacation that includes the delivery an all-wheel-drive Porsche SUV. Or perhaps you would simply like to see the factory where and how they are built.

You must really want to take European Delivery of your new Porsche because it does involve a great deal of cost, travel planning, an early order, and some flexibility as the delivery slots do not necessarily match your desired time frame. I will expand on the costs and requirements later.

For me, European Delivery of a Porsche is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience many of the things I've only read about or seen in the movies. Steve McQueen's cool demeanor running fast in LeMans, the crisp air and white-capped mountains in the Sound of Music, and the intrigue of Prague after dark from Mission Impossible come to mind. This is cool stuff!

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Grabbing a bowl of popcorn and a soda...

I can't wait!

Can you post your route?

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A lot of reading and preparing .......

including the European Delivery package mailed from Jamie Dillon's office at Porsche North America

and it is required that the car be paid approximately a month in advance ....

Attachments

Reactions: masti99 and X73

·
Registered
850 Posts
Congrats Matt! You will have a blast. I did ED with BMW for 8 days in 4 countries a few years back. Enjoy your trip and don't forget to get a good SIM card to upload pix/vids on the forum :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Wow. What an amazing experience this will be.

My wife and I did a month in Europe for the European Delivery of her Track Pack BMW, to include the Nurburgring.

Have you traveled in Europe before? Any idea what you want to see while you're there?

BTW, your PM inbox is full.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that would be cool - she is very fast, X73 Thanks for the suggestion.

As luck would have it, I was able to book a 1.5 days on the closed for tourist ring with Nurburgrings' Sport Driving School which is occurring the same day I will be there. If all goes to plan I will build up my knowledge of the track slowly with professional instruction. We are then given 3 hours in the afternoon to run as many laps as we like. Tires / Brakes / underwear - will all need replacing when complete! :)

Reactions: Lime-Gold and X73

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tommorow, this....

image.jpg

Planes, trains, and automobiles.....

. image.jpg

A tall, cold Bitberger......

image.jpg

A side cafe next to Market Square - Brauerel an der Thomaskirche...... very reasonable cafe: 2 Pilsners, Sausages with Kraut, and a small veggie pizza - 24 Euros.

image.jpg

Reactions: diverdog and X73

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Sounds like you're doing Salzburg. Residenzplatz (the main city square) is a great place to have some Weiner Schnitzel and a glass of wine for lunch at one of the outdoor restaurants across from the fountain. There are several foot bridges nearby, that will take you over the Salzach River to Mirabell Gardens- they look exactly like they do in the film The Sound Of Music.

This time of year, you should not have any snow in the Alps passes. Which pass(es) are you doing? We did the San Bernardino Pass, and had a little picnic at the lake at the top.

If you're gonna be in Nurburg for multiple days, the Mosul Valley Wine Region is a nice little day trip. It is amazing how steep the vineyards are.

·
Registered
81 Posts
try also the "stellwerk" in monreal..... it's a fantastic restaurant just 20 km from nurburg... it's a beauty....

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some more pics. My best stuff is on my Nikon camera which i am experiencing a wifi issue, but this is what i took from my phone...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
C'mon Matt. Try to show a little excitement, will ya?
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts