Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well after months of deliberation, I finally did it! Went to my local dealer here in the UK, to look at placing an order on a new GTS and ended up buying a GTS that had just come in that day! Not my 'exact' spec, it has a few options I wouldn't pick myself, but they are 'decent' options to have on the whole, I think it kicks all the boxes for me really! Car is only a weekend toy afterall!

Spec:

Sapphire Blue (didn't think I would like this colour but very nice in the metal)
PDK
Bi Xenon with PDSL
ParkAssist Front & Rear
Elec folding mirrors
Auto Dim lights
Ext mirrors painted body colour
Fuel cap in Ali
PTV
Power Steering plus
Carrera S wheels painted satin
Seat heating
2 zone climate
Sports design steering wheel
Ali PDK gear lever
PCM
Bose
Bluetooth
Digital Radio

You can get totally overwhelmed but the vast options list! It will be my first Porsche, and first car in a fairly bright colour, although I did have a white E93 M3 for 3 years!

Didn't get a penny off the car, I think my US comrades get a better deal there, but I did get GAP insurance (£699) and Tyre/Alloy wheel cover (£500) FOC, first car I have ever financed as well, squeezed abit out of them here as well so pretty happy with that.

And the real reason you checked out my post was for photos! I will post some picks when I collect her on Thursday, can't wait!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Indeed a good spec and colour. Particularly given you also have all the GTS standard bits like PASM, Sports Chrono and PSE. Enjoy.

Don't forget to post lots of Pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, nice to hear you think the spec is good! The dealer sent me a picture just to tease me! here it is......

IMG_0375.JPG

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope the weather is good! Not the best time of year here in the UK, hoping for a nice 'winter' sunny day! But not holding my breath!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Is that a carbon fiber rear wing? Tell me more....

Mc

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations. I love blue with platinum satin wheels. very nice combo.
Why is there a carbon fiber spoiler on the back? It must not be OEM. right? It looks great though.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Nice build! Except... Why did you order power steering plus?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice build! Except... Why did you order power steering plus?
Not my option, the car was ordered by the dealer not me, it's one of the options I wouldn't have specced myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations. I love blue with platinum satin wheels. very nice combo.
Why is there a carbon fiber spoiler on the back? It must not be OEM. right? It looks great though.
I wish it was a carbon Fibre spoiler! It's just the angle of the photo and shadow I'm afraid!

Reactions: omidoo250

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats on a great car! What a beautiful color.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks awesome. What I need is a picture of the aluminum fuel cap. Come to think of it, I don't even know what the standard one looks like. We don't get to pump our own gas here. :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments guys, I will grab photo's tomorrow, and for those that have asked for specific shots no problem, 1 more sleepless night to go! Hope the weather improves, it's grey and very wet today here in Essex!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quick question all,

Is there a run in period from new on the Cayman? My M3 had to be run in for 1200 miles with no revs above 3000 RPM(or there abouts)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Quick question all,

Is there a run in period from new on the Cayman? My M3 had to be run in for 1200 miles with no revs above 3000 RPM(or there abouts)

Thanks
2k miles at no more than 4k rpm.

My personal goal is to keep it under 6k rpm until 1k miles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Quick question all,

Thanks
Sounds crazy... but the answer depends on where you're from. :) DaveZ gave you the USA/Canada answer. Brian will tell you to just go out and enjoy it as there's no break-in recommendations in Oz. Not sure what they say in GB.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Sounds crazy... but the answer depends on where you're from. :) DaveZ gave you the USA/Canada answer. Brian will tell you to just go out and enjoy it as there's no break-in recommendations in Oz. Not sure what they say in GB.
In Canada you have to keep it under 2000 RPM till the snow is gone. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts