Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To say I'm bummed is a gross understatement. Long story short, due to an unexpected family financial situation, I had to notify my dealer that I need to reprioritize money and will not be able to take delivery of the 2010 CS build that was completed for me late last month. :(:(:(:(:(

I notified the dealer as soon as possible to give them to find a home for this 2010 CS. I'm also hoping the dealer will be reasonable with the return of my deposit.

For anyone out there looking for a 2010 CS, below is the build specification. I've not seen any notification that it is on a boat yet. Dealer's name is Sunset Imports in Portland, Oregon. Sales manager is Greg Lawrence.

Make no mistake....I will own a Porsche eventually....but unfortunately, not as soon as I expected. Thanks, Flip.

BASE Cayman S
9S Macadamia Metallic
06 Brown Natural Leather
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
P23 PCM 3.0 w/ Extended Navigation
P75 BiXenon Headlights w/Dyn Cornr
XMZ Rear Center Console in Leather
220 Limited Slip Rear Differential
250 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung
404 19" Turbo Wheel
475 PASM
498 Delete Model Designation
509 Fire Extinguisher
573 Automatic Climate Control
619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile
680 Bose High End Sound Package
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
870 Universal Audio Interface
998 Leather Interior Natural Lthr
XLF Sport Exhaust System
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
To say I'm bummed is a gross understatement. Long story short, due to an unexpected family financial situation, I had to notify my dealer that I need to reprioritize money and will not be able to take delivery of the 2010 CS build that was completed for me late last month. :(:(:(:(:(

I notified the dealer as soon as possible to give them to find a home for this 2010 CS. I'm also hoping the dealer will be reasonable with the return of my deposit.

For anyone out there looking for a 2010 CS, below is the build specification. I've not seen any notification that it is on a boat yet. Dealer's name is Sunset Imports in Portland, Oregon. Sales manager is Greg Lawrence.

Make no mistake....I will own a Porsche eventually....but unfortunately, not as soon as I expected. Thanks, Flip.

BASE Cayman S
9S Macadamia Metallic
06 Brown Natural Leather
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
404 19" Turbo Wheel
475 PASM
509 Fire Extinguisher
XLF Sport Exhaust System
Sorry to hear that Flip, I hope everything is ok... remember it's just a car and can be replaced in the future!
I wish you well.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation.I do not know of anyone interested right now.Good luck,it sounds like a nice car....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that Flip, I hope everything is ok... remember it's just a car and can be replaced in the future!
I wish you well.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll still be on the forum keeping up to date with goings on.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Why would the dealer keep your deposit?

I haven't had to try to get a refund returned yet but would like to know for future reference. Of the 4 new cars I've bought only 1 was a custom order and the other two had to be retrieved from another dealer. The 1 built to order also required a deposit but it was completely refundable.

I guess if it were a custom color and maybe was way out there I can see the dealer keeping he deposit if that was agreed upon ahead of time but why would they keep it in this case?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
That's tough dude, and I am certain it was a very hard decision to come to esepcailly as it was so close to being in your hands.

All the best with getting your refund back and hopefully there is someone out there who wants your fully loaded car.

Hope you'll be able to get a P-car soon :cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Why would the dealer keep your deposit?

I haven't had to try to get a refund returned yet but would like to know for future reference. Of the 4 new cars I've bought only 1 was a custom order and the other two had to be retrieved from another dealer. The 1 built to order also required a deposit but it was completely refundable.

I guess if it were a custom color and maybe was way out there I can see the dealer keeping he deposit if that was agreed upon ahead of time but why would they keep it in this case?
I let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's tough dude, and I am certain it was a very hard decision to come to esepcailly as it was so close to being in your hands.

All the best with getting your refund back and hopefully there is someone out there who wants your fully loaded car.

Hope you'll be able to get a P-car soon :cheers:
Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts

BASE Cayman S
9S Macadamia Metallic
06 Brown Natural Leather
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
404 19" Turbo Wheel
475 PASM
509 Fire Extinguisher
XLF Sport Exhaust System
Errr....Flip?

$92,000 for a brown car? Dealers around here would have to offer some serious trunk money for me to look at this car twice. Good luck with the deposit, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a nice car, but too many options and a very, um, personal color choice. It's likely to be a very hard sell for the dealer, especially in this market. Even people who can afford this car are a little more resale conscious now. Know any lotto winners that like this color?

It's possible that some eccentric person will snap it right up. You can rest assured, there's no one remotely like that on this site!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Best of luck with this. Sounds like a very extreme reversal of fortune. Generally these things work out for the better after you're through the gauntlet. Keep your eyes peeled for the next door opening. It's probably better than the one that seems to be closing on you. Hope so sincerely.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Errr....Flip?

$92,000 for a brown car? Dealers around here would have to offer some serious trunk money for me to look at this car twice. Good luck with the deposit, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a nice car, but too many options and a very, um, personal color choice. It's likely to be a very hard sell for the dealer, especially in this market. Even people who can afford this car are a little more resale conscious now. Know any lotto winners that like this color?

It's possible that some eccentric person will snap it right up. You can rest assured, there's no one remotely like that on this site!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Best of luck with this. Sounds like a very extreme reversal of fortune. Generally these things work out for the better after you're through the gauntlet. Keep your eyes peeled for the next door opening. It's probably better than the one that seems to be closing on you. Hope so sincerely.
Good points all around. Hoping that since this occurred before it was on the boat (vs sitting at the dealer) that the potential market is wider. I'm a big believer in "glass half full", "things work our for the best", karma, etc. I know I'm doing the right thing....slept very well last night knowing so. I will live vicariously through this board until I too can share my driving experiences. Thanks to all for the well wishes. ;)

Flip

·
Registered
409 Posts
Should be real simple regarding the deposit. It was either refundable or it wasn't. The paperwork should say and if not the paperwork then something verbal must have been communicated.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Bummer. Nice car.

Keep track of where it goes. Wait 3 years and buy it for 1/2 price. It will still be the car that you ordered!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
"$92,000 for a brown car?" Interesting comment .... I've seen that color combination in a Cayman S and it is beautiful. Perhaps Flip and I are "eccentric person," but I suspect that there are others who would also appreciate that color combination. Regardless of comments on Flip's color choices, my best wishes to you Flip and hope that some day soon you'll get back in the driver's seat of that "brown car."

·
Registered
100 Posts
Unfortunately eccentricity and money are seldom found together. Ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I would think if you got nothing in writing, since you are asking here it sounds to me you don't, the dealer will try their hardest to keep the money and throw it on "verbal agreement", but most will usually budge. Porsche dealers can be different because you can customize their cars in 6 million different ways, such as yours. You priced a Cayman S into Carrera S territory, so I would see the dealer make a fuss on refunding your deposit.

Let us know how it turns out! The dealer I got my car from would not refund deposits on heavily customized and expensive cars for their range... such as a 92K Cayman S. They would use your forfeited deposit and mark the price of the car down on funky/HEAVILY optioned cars to get the price down to what the "mainstream" buyers look for.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Unfortunately eccentricity and money are seldom found together. Ask me how I know this.
You knew Howard Hughes? Oh wait, he's the opposite of what you described above...

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry to hear about that Flip, If you don't mind me asking, how much was the collateral down payment? anyhow, i hope the dealership comes out fair with you. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
If Sunset gives you your deposit back they should get the "dealer of the year" award. The market for a car like this is tiny.

Since they dinged me for a $5K deposit, and my car is pedestrian compared to yours. What did they get you for, $10K?

FWIW, if I were the manager at Sunset I'd keep your deposit.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts