Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Last night I was about to drive my Cayman and just as I engaged the reverse the red battery warning sign went off. I checked the manual and clearly advised against driving the car so I did not. I called the dealership today and as expected was advised not to drive the car and bring it on a towing truck on stead. Since tomorrow is Friday (holiday), not before Saturday I can get the car fixed. I am a little disappointed to say the least; a brand new car with only 2600 Km and battery problem!
Anyone had faced similar problem?
:thanks:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
i havent...but be cool i,m sure the dealer will take care of it....make sure you get something free out of them...shirt etc

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome to the world of Porsche.... I just got a brand new Carrera S and the heated seats (both) and heated steering wheel failed, car had 600 miles on it when this happened. There was also a panel that was loose from the factory near the rear seat on the right hand side. Every time I went over a bump, it would rattle like crazy... and people would make fun of American cars for little quality control.

My prior car was a 2007 Carrera S, O2 sensor failed within the first 1000 miles.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Welcome to the world of Porsche.... I just got a brand new Carrera S and the heated seats (both) and heated steering wheel failed, car had 600 miles on it when this happened. There was also a panel that was loose from the factory near the rear seat on the right hand side. Every time I went over a bump, it would rattle like crazy... and people would make fun of American cars for little quality control.

My prior car was a 2007 Carrera S, O2 sensor failed within the first 1000 miles.
i agree....someone called their po a work of art....well it seems the moaner leaser has to go back to the dealer for a touch up

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Hello,
Last night I was about to drive my Cayman and just as I engaged the reverse the red battery warning sign went off. I checked the manual and clearly advised against driving the car so I did not. I called the dealership today and as expected was advised not to drive the car and bring it on a towing truck on stead. Since tomorrow is Friday (holiday), not before Saturday I can get the car fixed. I am a little disappointed to say the least; a brand new car with only 2600 Km and battery problem!
I would first check the error codes in the manual. If it's simply a low battery voltage warning then I would charge the battery using a 10 amp+ charger.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Hello,

Funny symptoms,.....are you sure it wasn't a "bulb" warning light? I just ask because you stated you had just engaged reverse,.....and that should have put the reverse lights on, and if there was a reverse light bulb out it would probably trip a warning for it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny symptoms,.....are you sure it wasn't a "bulb" warning light? I just ask because you stated you had just engaged reverse,.....and that should have put the reverse lights on, and if there was a reverse light bulb out it would probably trip a warning for it.
I tried few times later that night and the next morning and still was getting the same message: battery/generator problem which confirmed when I checked the manual. Later the next day I called the dealership, explained the problem to the engineer and not to my surprise advised me not to drive the car and to bring it to the dealership. Hopefully Saturday morning will do that. It should not be a big issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts