Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to this forum and to the world of Porsche :)

Please look at the picture attached at let me know if this is a really bad idea, or actually a good one? Any good ideas on how to travel with a small dog in a boxster?

Thanks,

- Y

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sorry, but I don't know what I am supposed to be looking at. Give us some more information.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,079 Posts
Hi all,

Please look at the picture attached at let me know if this is a really bad idea, or actually a good one? Any good ideas on how to travel with a small dog in a boxster?

Thanks,

- Y
Your car, your dog. Why worry what others think.

Sorry, but I don't know what I am supposed to be looking at. Give us some more information.
Dog between rear window and back of seat on the rear shelf.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,

- Y
My problems are two-fold. First of all it means that if the dog is with you then the top is up since I don't think that would work quite as well with the top down. Second, the rear package shelf is really a bad place for anything much at all in an accident. In this case the dog would be thrown forward and the front passenger(s) could be seriously injured by the weight of the dog slamming into the front area. And yes I know that none of us plan on having an accident but there is a reason they are called "accidents" :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the front license plate is a horrible idea. :)
Haha. That's the law here, what can I do :)

Regarding my question - again, just wondering if anyone found any better ideas than this. I realize mine is problematic (given what mikeearly wrote), but I just can't think of a safer solution (assuming I need to take her anywhere. if she's in the seat next to me - she can be thrown on me while taking a turn).

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Haha. That's the law here, what can I do :)

Regarding my question - again, just wondering if anyone found any better ideas than this. I realize mine is problematic (given what mikeearly wrote), but I just can't think of a safer solution (assuming I need to take her anywhere. if she's in the seat next to me - she can be thrown on me while taking a turn).
There are a lot of options -- do a search on "dog seat belt" ... they would keep the dog "confined" to their side of the car.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
First off, I would never put any pet my my Porsche.

Let me ask you this question, would you put a child on the rear package shelf? Transporting a pet is no different than a child. The pet should be belted in or better yet put in a pet carrier (crate) strapped to the seat or at a minimum put on the floor on the passenger side.

Maybe a Macan or Cayenne would have been a better Porsche for you.

This just reaffirms why people should be required to have a permit or license to can have children or pets!:rolleyes:

Reactions: omidoo250

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I only let my dog in the car when he's sitting in my wife's lap. (with a blanket over her and as much as will cover.) Even then he finds a way to drool on something uncovered. I've been searching for the right product that would protect the passenger side and allow him to be safely comfortable, but until then, no boxster for Bo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts