Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes 15 hours then I had to start changing things. It's funny on the way home I said to myself “I'm not going to screw with this car”. I'll just leave it alone for awhile. I guess 15 hours is awhile.

I picked it up last night at 5 o'clock I did 65 miles of Canyon driving to see how the suspension felt. This car has sports suspension and PTV my 14 that I traded had PASM no PTV.

Overall I really liked it but I felt the front and didn't bite as much as it should. My 14 I had set at -1.4 in the front and 1.8 in the rear. This car came from the factory -1 in the front and -1.9 in the rear.
So at 8am this morning I’m in the garage resetting the front camber at -1.6. I could've gotten -1.8 on one side but not the other so I matched them. I also reset the F total to zero. It's funny that you can feel you can feel a half a degree of negative camber.

Another interesting thing is I weighed the car. This car weighs 3028 with 3/4 tank my other car with power seats and heaver wheels(sports tec) weighed 3048 with 3/4 tank. I thought for sure this car would be less than 3000 pounds. I guess that stuff doesn't make that big of a difference.

Overall I really like the set up now that I dialed it in. After all I’ve owned it for a total of 22 hours you can’t wait forever.

Or as wife #2 said it’s just a cry for help. I haven’t told #3 I got another 981 seeing the other one I bought 5 months ago!
Usually with her as long as I buy a black car she doesn’t notice. To her they all look the same. She didn’t notice the difference from the TTRS I traded on the 981.
This time is the true test the new car is yellow the other one was black.. carl

15CS 6sp,,SS,SC PTV .traded 14 6sp,PASM

Attachments

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
welcome to yellow..

carl you need 1/2 turn up on the left rear.. and 1/2 turn down on the RR...

one plus on the yellow.. you dont see the clear bra..even if it yellows..

Lemon

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to yellow..

carl you need 1/2 turn up on the left rear.. and 1/2 turn down on the RR...

one plus on the yellow.. you dont see the clear bra..even if it yellows..

Lemon
factory X73 cant corner balance. also the car is empty 3/4 tank .i only CB with my weight in the car. carl

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes 15 hours then I had to start changing things. It's funny on the way home I said to myself “I'm not going to screw with this car”. I'll just leave it alone for awhile. I guess 15 hours is awhile.

I picked it up last night at 5 o'clock I did 65 miles of Canyon driving to see how the suspension felt. This car has sports suspension and PTV my 14 that I traded had PASM no PTV.

Overall I really liked it but I felt the front and didn't bite as much as it should. My 14 I had set at -1.4 in the front and 1.8 in the rear. This car came from the factory -1 in the front and -1.9 in the rear.
So at 8am this morning I’m in the garage resetting the front camber at -1.6. I could've gotten -1.8 on one side but not the other so I matched them. I also reset the F total to zero. It's funny that you can feel you can feel a half a degree of negative camber.

Another interesting thing is I weighed the car. This car weighs 3028 with 3/4 tank my other car with power seats and heaver wheels(sports tec) weighed 3048 with 3/4 tank. I thought for sure this car would be less than 3000 pounds. I guess that stuff doesn't make that big of a difference.

Overall I really like the set up now that I dialed it in. After all I’ve owned it for a total of 22 hours you can’t wait forever.

Or as wife #2 said it’s just a cry for help. I haven’t told #3 I got another 981 seeing the other one I bought 5 months ago!
Usually with her as long as I buy a black car she doesn’t notice. To her they all look the same. She didn’t notice the difference from the TTRS I traded on the 981.

What was your full build list? 2014 to 2015 changed from 4 speakers to 9 as standard, just fyi.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

The extra weight on the new one must be those leather vent slats--sorry couldn't resist! Congrats on the new car. I bet you get lots of grins!

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Sh-t if would have known that i wouldn't have wasted the $700 for the Bose! carl
Damn, that BLOWS

:hilarious:

So, if you were doing the alignment who was sitting in the driver's seat to make sure its done right?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Sh-t if would have known that i wouldn't have wasted the $700 for the Bose! carl
Bose adds a heavy powered subwoofer that the standard 9 speaker sound package plus does not have. Probably around 20 -25 lbs for the sub and amplifier.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was ment to be funny (sarcastically).. you most of all, the alignment guru!

hope you don't mind...

Lemon
Lemon, i thought you thought i put coil-overs on. I wish i could CB the car cross weights should be no more than .5% difference, about 15lbs. When i set up lotus's i could CW's within 1lb with the drivers weight and the ride height within 1 mm side to side. Your talking 3-5 hrs thats why very few will do it correctly. If they do its $5-800. carl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts