Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The NSX is stunning, enjoy the heck out of it, I'm jealous! Always loved that car.
Thanks!, I've been wanting one for years and always bought something else. Glad I finally got one, only had it a week and put 400 miles on it already

·
Registered
47 Posts
A few things:

1) The NSX is not bigger than my Caman as already mentioned. It looks like a sizable car in pictures but when you see one in real life, they are amazingly small. Much lower as well.

2) Part of the reason why they are holding their value is that in a 15 year run, they only made 8,900 of these cars. Think about it, they make 10,000 Ford F-150's a week.... Many have been totaled, modified, or have high miles. Seen many with 200,000+ miles on them. Pristine low mileage originals are very hard to come by and pricey. I believe they will only increase in value.

3) Join www.NSXPrime.com. You will get a wealth of information on that site just as we do here.

Again, you will love that car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A few things:

1) The NSX is not bigger than my Caman as already mentioned. It looks like a sizable car in pictures but when you see one in real life, they are amazingly small. Much lower as well.

2) Part of the reason why they are holding their value is that in a 15 year run, they only made 8,900 of these cars. Think about it, they make 10,000 Ford F-150's a week.... Many have been totaled, modified, or have high miles. Seen many with 200,000+ miles on them. Pristine low mileage originals are very hard to come by and pricey. I believe they will only increase in value.

3) Join www.NSXPrime.com. You will get a wealth of information on that site just as we do here.

Again, you will love that car.
I agree with everything you said.

1) yes, mentioned that to another poster that it is smaller/lower than my Cayman S

2) that's why I bought one. New 2015 NSX may hurt resale but for now they are appreciating each year. I've been searching for years to find one that's 100% stock and never been in an accident. When you look for one, you'll find that most are modded, have been in an accident, or had paintwork. You have to search the entire country for a year to find a mint example like this one. I found mine in Mass., but most are in California.

3) I've been a member of NSXPrime for the last 10 years, finally pulled the trigger. I actually found this car in the For Sale forum on Prime. It was owned by a collector.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I had a Zanardi Edition for almost 10 years, sold it and after a couple of years started to suffer seller's remorse. I was on the verge of trying to find a used one when the R came out. They are very similar. I haven't been able to get the Porsche to the track yet, but just from the way it handles on the street I am pretty sure it will be quicker.

I also believe it is more connected to the driver. The NSX was great but the R is greater.
Sadly the reality is that even the Cayman R needs upgrades to make it a worthwhile track car.

Great video of a track buddy's NSX (270HP, with suspension mods and running R-comps) chasing some higher HP vehicles at LS a few months back.

Love the contrast of the handling of a car that does not have any driving helpers besides ABS (NSX/997.2GT3) vs other vehicles that have all kinds of aids (991 Carrera S with PASM/PSM/ABD/PDCC/PDK/TQV, etc,).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sadly the reality is that even the Cayman R needs upgrades to make it a worthwhile track car.
Yes and no. I like to go to the track with what I have and try to get the best out of that I can. I never modified the NSX and I probably won't modify the R either. The capabilities of both in stock form exceed my abilities (or nerve!). Of course, I have trouble even getting on the track more than a few times a year. Things might be different if it was every week or every other week.

·
Registered
411 Posts

Great video of a track buddy's NSX (270HP, with suspension mods and running R-comps) chasing some higher HP vehicles at LS a few months back.

Love the contrast of the handling of a car that does not have any driving helpers besides ABS (NSX/997.2GT3) vs other vehicles that have all kinds of aids (991 Carrera S with PASM/PSM/ABD/PDCC/PDK/TQV, etc,).
Damn, he was giving those Porsches all they could handle.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've done many track events over the years, not in my CS or NSX, but in Z06's, M3's etc. It comes down to driver's skill not the car.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I've done many track events over the years, not in my CS or NSX, but in Z06's, M3's etc. It comes down to driver's skill not the car.
In many cases that is exactly it. I could tell in the first corner that your buddy might just have a clue about driving just by the fact he didn't reposition his hands and kept them in the correct position when winding on the lock....and then he continued to prove it :cheers:

Poor GT3RS guy would have really been putting the pressure on himself to get rid of this old Honda out of his mirror, making it even worse. Was in a friend’s GT3 and told him not to pay attention to the Cayman coming and focus on his line, but too late we had spun :hilarious:

NSX is an awesome car, congratulations!!

Every time I think what classic car would I pick up first I struggle to narrow it down from all of the greats...NSX or 993, Integrale or Quattro, and the list goes on. ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats. I owned my NSX prior to acquiring my Cayman. I love both cars so much that I am selling other cars. Mid engine, rear drive is addictive!!!! Let me know if you want to chat mods. I have some advice and some spare parts.

1993 Grand Prix White NSX

Cp

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
CP,

Pm me anytime to discuss mods. Both my CS and NSX are stock except for the catback exhaust I had installed this week. Borla XR-1 on the CS and Pride V2 on the NSX.

Both sound great!!!! I'm sure my neighbors must love me since I come home at 1 am from hockey and leave 7am on Sunday mornings.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts