Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. 2010 CS, Carrera White, sand beige, PDK, Bi-Xenon headlights, Chrono Plus, Bluetooth, and more!
Dealer said March delivery.
When should I hear from my dealer again?

Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my questions during my "thinking about it" phase.
Ya hoo!
Kirk

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats Kirk! I didn't wait to hear from my dealer I just kept annoying them ;) anyhow your dealer should be linked to the factory via computer link in order to give updates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally did it. 2010 CS, Carrera White, sand beige, PDK, Bi-Xenon headlights, Chrono Plus, Bluetooth, and more!

Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my questions during my "thinking about it" phase.
Ya hoo!
Kirk
Congrats!

3 months. Is that normal for an ordered car?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts

Ya hoo!
Kirk
Kirk.... PASM. Really. I wouldn't get a Croc without it. W.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It seems that there are a lot of people migrating to PDK.

You car appears to be a really nice package. Now you just need to find something to occupy you time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CORTDD,
Apperently. I missed a Nov. build by a week or two which would have meant a Feb. delivery.
Kirk

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I understand from my dealer that there is a 6 week time delay from build to delivery. I hope that is correct because I am waiting for a Jan. build car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bearman,

I could never get a straight answer from any dealer. It also probably depends on where your located. I'm on the west coast.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I was told about 6 weeks here. Nevada.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
If your build is in Dec. I would expect your car in January or February. Mine is Jan. build and I am expecting it in Feb or March at the latest. Maybe your dealer would rather not have your expectations too high. I was also told that they sometimes will move a build date up depending on how their production is going. Good luck. I have been going nuts waiting and still several months to go. I am accumulating accessories :)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Is there anyone out there who has received a 2010 and can verify the time from build date to delivery?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
From past history, it is about 6 weeks. My C2S was completed Nov 28th and delivered 7 Jan. I have a 11 Dec build date for my 2010 Cayman and thus expect the car around the third week of Jan. Of note cars built in late Nov and into early Dec may be delayed a week or so as most of Germany shuts down for the Christmas holiday. Additionally since Porsche has reduced production it takes longer to fully load a ship and thus cars may sit at the port awaiting transport. Regardless, the wait seems longer than actual but the end result is a great car.

2010 Cayman, white, sea blue interior, PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM and Limited Slip. Sport bucket seats and bluetooth. Harness bar and forged alloy wheels already here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts