Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from "The Warranty Department". (Not "The Porsche Warranty Department". Just "The Warranty Department".) A woman said that they had some important news about the warranty on Porsche (one syllable word) Carmon. I told her that it was a Porsche (two syllable word) Cayman. She thanked me for correcting her and hung up. Do you think I made her mad?

I've had my car called a lot of different things but "Carmon" was new.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I was getting mail and calls constantly to sell me an extended warranty on my CR. So with 6 mo of factory warranty left, I said yes interested, does the warranty cover track use? Long pause, let me check...uh no. No more calls since.

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's funny. I got something in the mail today offering an "up to 100,000" mile warranty on my Boxster... that is CPO and already has a 100,000 mile warranty.:crazy:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I get calls about a vehicle I haven't even owned for years about twice a week. Its just spam from public records. My wife fell or that once and when she went to use the warrantee, they wanted to use used replacement parts and tried to not cover about half of the repairs.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hey...close enough for something that won't pay for anything any way. Just send us that multi thousand dollar premium and don't even bother ever calling for some kind of coverage claim. Carmon, Cayman,...what's the difference?:beer:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get calls about a vehicle I haven't even owned for years about twice a week.
Every single day weekday I get at least two calls about free medical alert badges and at least one call about a better credit card rate. Once a week I get a call from someone in India telling me that my Microsoft Windows computer has a virus. (I don't have a Microsoft Computer.) This is the first time someone has called me about a car warranty but I do get weekly letters.

I filled out an on-line survey when I was looking for a new Cayman. I got a call from one guy who asked me what other SUVs I was looking at. I told him that I was not looking at SUVs and that the Cayman was a sports car. He wanted to argue with me. I had to explain the difference between a Cayman and a Cayenne.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get calls on a Jeep that I haven't owned in 8 years asking about an extended warranty so I'm sure these places never scrub their data...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Probably a Jeep Grand Chicory. ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
yeah this is such a scam.

Last time they called I asked them "Which warranty department?", "What company?" and they wouldn't answer. So I told them where to shove it.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Tell her your IMS failed and you'll sign up if they promise you a new engine on the contract.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is why I got rid of my landline phone - the only calls I ever got were spam (mostly asking me to change my otherwise unused phone service, ironically).

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is why I have caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. If it comes up repeatedly I add it to my State and Federal DNC lists.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Just tell them you upgraded from a Cayman to an Alligator, or tell them you now drive a Lama. Then you'll start getting calls from PETA.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Them: "We're calling from the warrantee department"
Me: "Does your mother know you scam people for a living?"

-click-

My favourite technique.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Was the caller ID from Jamaica? Maybe they wanted to warranty your "car, mon"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts