Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am in the process of buying my dream car and my first Porsche. Here is my pre purchase inspection result what do you guy think? The dealer is going to fix it for me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The front brake sensor "modification" is fairly common and nothing to worry about. That top section of vaults scares me a little but as Mountaineer84 says, they could all be the result of the weak battery that was noted by the mechanic. In a perfect world, you would get a new battery installed, the vaults cleared and see if they come back. Those airbag vaults can sometimes be a bear to track down if it isn't battery related. Maybe the seller can borrow a battery for the test (or you can work out a deal to buy the battery for him/her if the car checks out after)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out that all the faults is from a weak battery and everything in the area where it is showing faults is working properly. Thank you

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I'll bet every car on the road has a list of stored transient faults about as long as that. I don't see anything to worry about, as long as the maintenance records are in place.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I think it looks good except for the strut, I would want to see a over rev report, my first Cayman needed a battery when I bought it, I just added it in to the cost when I paid for the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haha...my 30 year old Foxbody didn't throw that many codes!
because it also had the same processing power of a calculator. modern cars have dozens of computers and modules. lots of these are soft faults. nothing that looks wrong. most seem to be due to a low battery. ive seen similar issues when scanning w/ the car not plugged into a battery tender or not running.

OP if the price is good I wouldnt walk away because of a few new suspension pieces. Remember the cars 7 years old. Or better yet, take the report and negotiate the repairs into the price. Good luck. Get a over rev report as well before proceeding.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A word of warning if you buying a German car with faults already you better have deep pockets or a very long extended warranty other than than is a good car to buy used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts