Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
922 Posts
Nice job, Pete - and great pictures of course. I wasn't able to drive the Turbo we saw at the dealer a while back, but I'm hoping to set up a test drive before too long if possible.

I've got to say it is a very impressive car in person. Seeing it in the metal was the first time it truly hit me the Panamera is an alternative to the S-Class, 7-Series, and A-8in terms of size, accomodations, and certainly fit and finish. That said, if I was in the market (and I'm not), the Panamera comes in first place by a long shot. But that's just me, I guess... :taunt:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for providing a bit more details about the Mercs, I used to dream of a nice E55 back in 2000 when they first came out.

Congrats on getting the Panamera! When do you expect delivery?
I used to love Mercedes. Most recently, I had an '05 SL500 from 2005~2008. Porsche brought me out of that.

But thank you. I had my name and deposit placed on the first Panamera S to arrive in Hawaii a few weeks ago. Technically, my car arrived last week and I went for a spin on Saturday. However, I can only take delivery of the car after the launch party on Wednesday (the 28th).. so I suppose in a few days? ;) It's been like waiting to unwrap a (very expensive) present on Christmas.

I will make my own thread as not to hijack yours.

·
VLAGER
292 Posts
Pete, missed you at Catena's last night. Wow that car is a boat and as ugly as they come!! $153K for the turbo is absurd.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey PCay60,

I was hoping to make it but got tied up in the city. Couldn't get used to the look of the car?

I "may" get a chance to test drive that Turbo so look for an updated report soon...

·
VLAGER
292 Posts
Will not ever get used to the look of that car. If you drive the Turbo, be careful. There is $3,200 worth of luggage in the trunk!! Did see a really gorgeous Aston Martin in their other showroom.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts