Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

My Riviera Blue 981 Cayman S

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  generalTso 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share some pics of my 981 Cayman S build after 1 year of ownership. This is not a PTS car (PTS was not available until the latest gen of cars here) - it was originally black and I had it repainted along with installing the GT4 kit.

The photos are not all "up-to-date" and were just taken over time, so there will be some discrepancies in the appearance of the car :)

Current mods (in rough order of being done):
IPD plenum and GT3 throttle body
Ohlins R&T coilovers
Custom forged wheels from nine's forged (yes, the wheel fitment isn't for everyone haha)
GT4 kit (front bumper, diffuser, ducktail) - wing and side covers were intentionally omitted so as to not look as "poser" 😅
K&N air filters
Facelift side repeaters
Soul Performance valved exhaust
Yellow seat belts
GTS tail lights

More pics on my instagram: @icy981s

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice! Really love the color. I think it's great you kept the S badging and didn't do the rear spoiler. The front and rear end of that car are my favorite parts anyway.
Dislike the wheel fitment...but you already knew that was coming lol.

Question on your Ohlins R/T. Did you use the standard spring rate? Or drop down? Thoughts on it for street use?

Do you get the CEL w/ the IPD plenum? Sounds like some do, some don't and it's not dependent upon the ecu flash for the larger TB.

#6 ·
There are a loooooooot of Porsches in general haha a 981 is quite peasant here

Very nice! Really love the color. I think it's great you kept the S badging and didn't do the rear spoiler. The front and rear end of that car are my favorite parts anyway.
Dislike the wheel fitment...but you already knew that was coming lol.

Question on your Ohlins R/T. Did you use the standard spring rate? Or drop down? Thoughts on it for street use?

Do you get the CEL w/ the IPD plenum? Sounds like some do, some don't and it's not dependent upon the ecu flash for the larger TB.
For the Ohlins - I just used the standard settings as we don't have any tracks here and I'm not that familiar with suspension settings. For street use I think it's okay but over rougher surfaces can be kinda crashy. At my current setting (which I think is a tad under the "recommended spec" in the manual) it feels similar to X73 in terms of comfort.

IPD plenum - no CEL. I haven't tuned the car (plan to do so if I eventually get headers down the line)

#7 ·
Looking fantastic! When I was in HK and Kowloon I didn't notice many, but I did see a few Porsche's. Lot's of Mercedes. We were in super tourist mode with our sights set on Lantau Island, Victoria Peak, etc.

If you have any questions on SOUL products, drop me an email or DM. dave@soulpp.com

Dave @ SOUL

#11 ·
What a great color and look! Zowie!

#14 ·
Haha not for now...trying not to invite too many "poser GT4" comments (especially from my real GT4 owning friends :ROFLMAO:). Plus it does look cleaner without the wing and a bit more unique - over here almost everyone who does the GT4 kit on a Cayman also adds some kind of wing, mine is the only one I've seen without a wing. Maybe in a few years

#17 ·
Just wanted to share some pics of my 981 Cayman S build after 1 year of ownership. This is not a PTS car (PTS was not available until the latest gen of cars here) - it was originally black and I had it repainted along with installing the GT4 kit.

The photos are not all "up-to-date" and were just taken over time, so there will be some discrepancies in the appearance of the car :)

Current mods (in rough order of being done):
IPD plenum and GT3 throttle body
Ohlins R&T coilovers
Custom forged wheels from nine's forged (yes, the wheel fitment isn't for everyone haha)
GT4 kit (front bumper, diffuser, ducktail) - wing and side covers were intentionally omitted so as to not look as "poser" 😅
K&N air filters
Facelift side repeaters
Soul Performance valved exhaust
Yellow seat belts
GTS tail lights

More pics on my instagram: @icy981s

Absolutely beautiful! That must be a kick to drive around HK. Thanks for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.