Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Cs has finally arrived...8 months to the day since placing my order. The Athens Highway sailed from Emden on March 29...Docked in Baltimore on the evening of the 10th and unloaded. My car arrived at the dealer yesterday and has gone through its prep and today had clear bra applied in the showroom. Unfortunately I had to work so no pics of the job. But my salesman did email me the first snaps yesterday...so here we are...sorry for the quality...rest assure that high res images will follow soon...I will take the wheel on Monday afternoon...going to be a long weekend...but whats a few days at this point...more to come.:dance:
p.s. First public outing will be C&C in Chatham on the 25th:cheers:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Congrats! Eight months is a long time to wait. I don't know how you did it. Is that Meteor Grey? Hard to tell from the photo. Nice looking car. I'm in the process of ordering an '11 CS. I'm really struggling with the color choice...

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
8 months?!? Gawd... that's a long time. I waited 4 months for mine and that seemed like an insufferable eternity. (Next car is coming straight off the dealer's lot!)

She looks beautiful. Enjoy your new machine.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! Eight months is a long time to wait. I don't know how you did it. Is that Meteor Grey? Hard to tell from the photo. Nice looking car. I'm in the process of ordering an '11 CS. I'm really struggling with the color choice...
Yeah the color is hard to tell from photos, it's GT Silver with Sea Blue interior...you can find full list of options on another of my threads...extras added about a month to my build...basically everything inside is Sea Blue leather...or painted GT Silver.
Can't wait to see it...Sales manager says it looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see this in person.

Are you sure you can't join us for the Lime Rock visit on 4/24?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Ah well, that's right, working on Saturday...

Lucky you, we just happen to have a trip to F40 Motorsports on SUNDAY, 5/2. ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
What's different about your radio. Seems to be black and ?silver... Part gen1 and gen2

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats! Very nice car.

My car is also on the Arhens Highway and it has now reached the Port of Houston. I had to wait just half of the time you waited and thought the wait was endless. I will pick my car next Saturday when I return from vacation.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks, I had a hard time finding which ship it was on...dealer had ship date of the 29th but name of ship was never posted. I had been watching vehicle carriers leaving Bremerhaven but nothing fit the schedule. When I got finalword it was on board I started a wider search and found the Athens Highway had left Emden (a VW port) on the right date bound straight to Baltimore. Sure enough that was it. So I guess the merger is having an effect.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A good car is well worth waiting for.

I waited 16 months after putting my deposit down for my '00 M5 and 22 months for my BMW S1000RR.
Yeah...I put my first deposit down on the Cs in August 08 thinking I would get a Cayman Sport but then switched to Gen2 when I saw the specs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congratulations! Worth the wait, beautiful car and I really like the wheels. I wish it were Monday for you except that would mean no weekend for the rest of us :hilarious:
BW

·
Registered
389 Posts
My Cs has finally arrived...8 months to the day since placing my order. The Athens Highway sailed from Emden on March 29...Docked in Baltimore on the evening of the 10th and unloaded. My car arrived at the dealer yesterday and has gone through its prep and today had clear bra applied in the showroom. Unfortunately I had to work so no pics of the job. But my salesman did email me the first snaps yesterday...so here we are...sorry for the quality...rest assure that high res images will follow soon...I will take the wheel on Monday afternoon...going to be a long weekend...but whats a few days at this point...more to come.:dance:
p.s. First public outing will be C&C in Chatham on the 25th:cheers:
JCOCX, Congrats!!! Wow that was some wait but as all will tell you no matter how long, it is well worth it. I own a 2010 GT Silver with full leather cocoa. I do love my combo and can tell you that Sea Blue will look great with GT Silver. You do not see that very often. I have seen sea blue in other porsche combos and it is a beautiful color. Good luck getting any sleep on Sunday night. Enjoy your Monday. Hope you can take the whole day to just drive...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JCOCX, Congrats!!! Wow that was some wait but as all will tell you no matter how long, it is well worth it. I own a 2010 GT Silver with full leather cocoa. I do love my combo and can tell you that Sea Blue will look great with GT Silver. You do not see that very often. I have seen sea blue in other porsche combos and it is a beautiful color. Good luck getting any sleep on Sunday night. Enjoy your Monday. Hope you can take the whole day to just drive...
Hey Lucky...Thanks...Pictures of your car are one the things that kept me going during the past few months...Can't wait to see the GT Silver in person and most of all to drive it. Promised my daughter I will pick her up from school and go for nice drive..time to start logging break in miles.:dance:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey Lucky...Thanks...Pictures of your car are one the things that kept me going during the past few months...Can't wait to see the GT Silver in person and most of all to drive it. Promised my daughter I will pick her up from school and go for nice drive..time to start logging break in miles.:dance:
Glad I could be of help. My son is 13 and when I pick him up at school there are always 3 or 4 kids that will come over to my car and say sweet ride and how fast does she go? It is cute to see these kids at this age loving our cars. Also creating a little monster at the same time. My son now understands great cars and loves sports cars. There is usually a teacher that will stop to take a look as well. You will love GT Silver. It looks best when the sun is out and brings out how rich the color is. The color in person is much better than any pictures you will see. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.