Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,731 Posts
I love your dedication, and that you share your mod journey with us. I just can't get past those Baja1000/WRC-style driving lights!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I found a perfect condition Carrara White trunk lid for $100 on ebay and went with longer wing brackets that bolt into place. I'm liking the styling of a higher wing a lot more and I have since angled it to be a little less aggressive as it feels like it's in a better line of airflow and generating more downforce, which is unnecessary until I get to an event.

The fall colors are nearly at their peak here in Dahlonega.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
The dive canards.... did you DIY? Just drill into the bumpers? How do you know wha angle to put it a
These were universal canards that I cut down and shaved away until they matched the bumper contours. They are drilled into place. Some companies claim similar mounted canards see up to 60lbs of down force at 100mph, so I did not want to depend on tape alone.

To figure a good angle, I studied many pictures and airflow data sheets provided by companies who make canards for these cars and race teams. The idea was to get something that would add down force while also helping direct air towards the side ducts. While I'm sure my setup isn't perfect, since it is more or less eyeballed, it is definitely an improvement. When I take the rally lights off for optimal aerodynamics, there is great stability through high speed cornering. Though that's also attributed to other parts and the lowered ride height.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Seems like every time I go to the Dragon, this car gets a highlight!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
so what tracks have you taken this thing to?
This 987 has only been to Atlanta Motorsports Park and Road Atlanta. Not a huge fan of Road Atlanta because it's mostly flooring the car and getting your braking points right. AMP is lower speed and a lot more technical, which makes this car competitive with anything out there.

I still haven't put on a deep sump, so the car has only been coming out about once a week for mountain runs.
The C30 is my go-to for the track; it's built for it. Plus it's faster than the 987S and while not as nimble in the tight corners, it keeps up in long sweepers. The Porsche is actually the slowest car that I own right now...

81 - 93 of 93 Posts