Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
What do you perceive is the problem with exhaust heat behind the bumper? Is the heat shielding inadequate?
No problem with heat, I just wanted to get rid of the ugly US bumperettes and rather than spending the money for a new bumper cover or getting delete-covers paint matched, I threw in some mesh I had laying around.

No harm in a little extra venting for the rear!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
A slight change of direction.
This car was bought as a replacement for my C30 with the intention of it being mostly track/event use. Since rebuilding the C30 last year, it has become my preference for abuse and the 987 has mostly sat in the garage. The new plan is to modify the Porsche into a weekend touge car that is still track ready but more enjoyable to drive around town.

First up was putting the radio and speakers back in. I forgot how great the Bose system sounds in this car.

An upcoming event with the C30 requires a full cage. After some quick measurements, some how, the "cage" we started with the 987 matches the dimensions of the C30 perfectly. It's a great starting point, so it has come out of the 987 and I'm welding on additional supports to get the C30 up to spec. I'm sure this forum will be happy to see the "cage" leave.

I made some adjustments to my seat rails to get the seats to a position where I can safely use the factory roll bar for the harnesses. I'm keeping the 5 point harnesses because I have no intention of going back to the terrible stock seats or ditching my Momo wheel. Plus, this car will still be used for autocross and maybe some mild track days (if local tracks ever open again).

I also ditched the Porsche rubber floor mats for WeatherTech floor liners. I'll be uploading a comparison video soon. Both have their pros and cons, but the WeatherTech liners are a better fitment and do their job better too. The OEM mats actually deformed a bit...

Lastly, I picked up a Sprint Booster from another member on here for $75. I was very skeptical on how much of an improvement it would make, especially since my car has Sport Chrono. I was pleasantly surprised!
Sprint Booster is not a tune, but considering that a tune for a car with mostly stock parts is only going to gain about +10hp, using Sprint Booster to simply remap the throttle is more than satisfactory. Install + Review video will go live on Friday.

I plan to keep the wrap and aero parts on the car, because it handles perfectly and I like the way it looks.
The next item on the list is welding in some resonators to tone down the exhaust for street use.

·
Registered
947 Posts
So the Sport button also changes the throttle mapping...how does the SB interact with that? Does one build on the other? You mentioned you put the SB on Red but then you also have the Sport mode engaged. Did you try the SB without engaging Sport mode?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Engaging sport mode still has a noticeable improvement compared to when it's off. With the Sprint Booster on red and sport mode on, the gas pedal is very sensitive, but I like this and I prefer driving in sport mode due to PSM being less intrusive.

I've tried driving with SB active (on green and red) and sport mode off, which is still a significant improvement in throttle response over stock. If you have SB on red, I'd say it's actually a bit easier to start off in first gear with sport mode off.

But to directly answer you question, as you said, they basically build on top of each other.
While I would say Sprint Booster basically provide Sport mode throttle mapping for those who don't have Sport Chrono, adding Sprint Booster to a car with Sport Chrono takes it up another notch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is very interesting... Thank's for the video review. Do you suggest to do a Sprint Booster over a Sport Chrono package retrofit?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
This is very interesting... Thank's for the video review. Do you suggest to do a Sprint Booster over a Sport Chrono package retrofit?
From a throttle mapping perspective, Sprint Booster is more aggressive more than Sport Chrono alone.
But Sport Chrono does more than just throttle mapping.

Adding Sport Chrono would definitely be a nice improvement and greatly help resale value of any Porsche. But then Sprint Booster is only $300 new with a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. So it really comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want from the car.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts