Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Battery died, so I replaced it with an Optima RedTop.
Only minor modification required using the factory bracket part, so easily reversible.

I don't think my underdrive pulley is to blame, as the old battery was from 2011.

Reactions: Poorsche x

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Saturday morning grocery shopping.

Sunday morning whitewater kayaking.

Monday morning sunrise.

Reactions: Proj_356_B

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,848 Posts
Battery died, so I replaced it with an Optima RedTop.
Only minor modification required using the factory bracket part, so easily reversible.

I don't think my underdrive pulley is to blame, as the old battery was from 2011.
Lose the 5-lb. dumbell, please!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #144

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I have scoured the internet for 987 (with rain sensor) rear view mirror adhesive with no luck.

Everyone suggests LockTite or Permatex, but I tried these and they do not hold. The problem is that the metal disc has a very thin ridge that doesn't provide a large contact surface with the glass. It appears as if there should be a 1mm thick adhesive tape that could be used, but I can't find anything... Links or suggestions?

I discovered that the previous owner had unloaded an entire tube of epoxy to hold the mirror in place. They covered the rain sensor as well, which explains why it has never worked. So I have no point of reference for how the metal disc is supposed to be held in place.

In other news, this month marks 2 years of ownership! What started as a track build journey and is now being de-modified into a street car. Still enjoying it though!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Here you can see what I'm working with. Most cars have a flat button that adheres to the windshield, this has a disc that goes around the rain sensor. But the tiny ridge on the disc suggests that Porsche must use an adhesive pad or putty on the convex surface, because that thin ridge isn't enough contact surface with the glass. I picked up some JB weld epoxy putty that claims to be suitable for both metal and glass, so I'll try that next.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
The JB weld putty seems to be holding so far.

I'm not sure if I pinched a wire putting the mirror back up, but I got an error that the rain sensor was fault. Though it worked flawlessly at the different sensitivity levels driving in the rain today. So who knows, maybe just a hiccup.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Picked up some TopSpeed / Circuit Werks / Manzo / cheap mufflers.
Compared to the muffler delete, these are MUCH quieter and actually make the car bearable to drive for any extended period of time by reducing drone by more than half.
Better flowing than stock, but not optimal for performance; you get what you pay for.

Still sounds like a boxer 6 cylinder and still has all the pops and burbles. Video coming soon...

I'm also changing up the appearance. Looks naked without the vinyl. New plans are in the works but with Covid canceling all remaining 2020 events that I had planned to participate in, I have zero motivation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Love the clean look! It makes the details stand out more.
Installed a valved Top Gear cat back myself a few weeks ago to replace a DIY attempt at a Carnwal exhaust. The home hack didn't really sound right and very impressed with the Top Gear but hope it lasts.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts