Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A German TV special on the 911: Video "Mythos Porsche 911" | SWR Fernsehen | ARD Mediathek (not sure how long the link will be working, they remove it sometimes after a week).

Some cringe-worthy stuff (10%), some promotion (Magnus ;)), and the rest was interesting: The origins of the 911 (driving the first prototype 4-seater with four iconic engineers), and Roehrl's comments about the 991 GTS and him driving a short-wheel based 911 in the rain around the Ring.

Sorry it is in German, but that may help in some cases ;).

Now we want a rally 911 :D.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Do you speak German, Mike?!!! If so, that's vundabar !!! ;)

I am bilingual, Arabic and English. My son speaks French too as a third language. His mom and I debate whether his fourth language should be German or Spanish but we opted to leave till he goes to university depending on which countiry he goes to.

·
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you speak German, Mike?!!! If so, that's vundabar !!! ;)

I am bilingual, Arabic and English. My son speaks French too as a third language. His mom and I debate whether his fourth language should be German or Spanish but we opted to leave till he goes to university depending on which countiry he goes to.
I am Swiss and lived my first 30 years (with some short interruptions) in Switzerland. I do speak Swiss-German, German and English as well as French although a bit rusty...

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Registered
96 Posts
I enjoyed it. As a Dutchman, German is in my package (5 languages in total). An entertaining video with some 911 types unknown to me, in particular the 4-seat (4 full seats) prototype 911- weird! Well, at least stlll 2 doors...
Thanks for posting Mike.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
It's a 40+ minutes video guys. We can't watch it when we understand nothing they're saying.

Can somebody translate to us what's new? Any screen shots of the unknown 911 types would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance...

·
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like they took the video down already (due to contracts with the production companies, some of the videos are only up for a few days). Here is a picture of the 901 2-door sedan prototype they showed being driven by the four retired Porsche luminaries: 1964 Porsche 901 Prototype Photo 7. I am glad that Buzi Porsche won the design argument.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts