Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S GT Silver over expresso
88 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think there are only two ways for that display to come up in that window: 1 - there is an active destination in the navigation system and upcoming route guidance is being provided, and 2 - the nav display is brought up using the display selection lever on the steering column (which the driver is in charge of). I don't think the 1st action can be turned off. The display will go back to the previous display a few seconds after the "route guidance" point has been passed. If you are actively looking for information from the previous display, use the steering column to display selection lever to navigate back to the display page of interest.Others can chime in if I'm wrong or there is additional info about this. Lou

Reactions: vintage seabee

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Agree but I will add an addendum to option number 2. If you have a multi-function steering wheel, accidentally rotating the nob can cause the nav screen to come up also.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I don't think the 1st action can be turned off.
Yes you can. RTFM;). You can add or substract whatever you want from that menu, so you don't have to scroll thru so many pages if you don't want to (and that's with any steering wheel). The only possible exception might be the gauges, but all other pages can be added or removed from the menu. I removed the radio, since I always have the radio on the main screen. But left all others. Navi only comes up when active, and a turn is coming up or something; quite useful IMO. But primarily use the gauges, and the G meter and TPMS every once in a while. Might remove a couple of other pages I never use, for quicker scrolling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can. RTFM;). You can add or substract whatever you want from that menu, so you don't have to scroll thru so many pages if you don't want to (and that's with any steering wheel). The only possible exception might be the gauges, but all other pages can be added or removed from the menu. I removed the radio, since I always have the radio on the main screen. But left all others. Navi only comes up when active, and a turn is coming up or something; quite useful IMO. But primarily use the gauges, and the G meter and TPMS every once in a while. Might remove a couple of other pages I never use, for quicker scrolling.
If you send a way to remove it from the menu, it would help. [email protected] Thanks to all for the replies.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If you send a way to remove it from the menu, it would help.
There's a graph with all the multi-function menus on page 84 of my 2016 CGTS, but as I said before, the manual on this car is the worst of all dozens of cars I've owned. The graph shows the menus you need, but doesn't go beyond them. So here is how to get to them, but you'll have to play with them since there're 2 that have nav functions. Since I have it activated on both, haven't had the need to play with them. Here is how, for the benefit of the membership;):
With the gauges showing, push forward the stalk to bring up the menu. Select 'settings' and push forward again. Select 'display' and push forward again. Then you have 2 menus to play with: 'menu scope', where you can just unclick the squares related to nav (2, I think), and surely would stop any nav input... but you could also remove the very useful 'speed limit' from the dash. Play with it and find out. If it does, then you have the 'PCM display' menu where you could just unclick all nav options but leave 'speed limit', and it should work. Don't know why there're nav functions in 2 different menus. German complication, I guess. Ha ha. Hope this helps, and let the gang know what you found out after playing with it, for more precise instructions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a graph with all the multi-function menus on page 84 of my 2016 CGTS, but as I said before, the manual on this car is the worst of all dozens of cars I've owned. The graph shows the menus you need, but doesn't go beyond them. So here is how to get to them, but you'll have to play with them since there're 2 that have nav functions. Since I have it activated on both, haven't had the need to play with them. Here is how, for the benefit of the membership;):
With the gauges showing, push forward the stalk to bring up the menu. Select 'settings' and push forward again. Select 'display' and push forward again. Then you have 2 menus to play with: 'menu scope', where you can just unclick the squares related to nav (2, I think), and surely would stop any nav input... but you could also remove the very useful 'speed limit' from the dash. Play with it and find out. If it does, then you have the 'PCM display' menu where you could just unclick all nav options but leave 'speed limit', and it should work. Don't know why there're nav functions in 2 different menus. German complication, I guess. Ha ha. Hope this helps, and let the gang know what you found out after playing with it, for more precise instructions.
I may have disabled it today by going thru the choices w/the small wheel on the right of the steering wheel. I found & chose stop nav assist which has kept it from appearing so far. I'll try to remove the radio screen next since I seldom listen to it unless the road is smooth (quiet) & just cruising along between twisties.
Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Good to hear;). You can remove the radio from the TFT, but it'll still work just fine. It's just that it won't show up on the screen when flipping thru the pages. The nav has a lot of options, so you don't have to disable it completely, which is a good thing. You could leave the map, but no nav... which makes no sense. Ha ha. But the map would show when going thru the pages. You can also just disable arrows, for instance. Or just show arrows. Germans. Ha ha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.