Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I started my 2011 Cayman the navigation screen came on as it always dd. I pressed confirmed and the screen when blank with just an arrow pointing in the upper right corner. Then it said navigation not connected. So I shut off the engine and started it again but this time the screen just show the blank, black, screen and the arrow again.

Is there something simple that I need to do to get the navigation to again work or do I need to take it to the dealer for service?
I was wondering if I needed to somehow reset the navigation but then that didn't make sense to me so I tried to find something in the manual but either I missed it or maybe I don't understand what the problem is.

Any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated as I am making a trip this Saturday and need the navigation to be working.
Thanks,
Midnight Shadow
2011 Cayman

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it possible that if I drive the car for a while the navigation will reset itself while I am driving? I also thought that maybe when I would out with the car I should hit Go Home and see if that will bring the navigation screen back but haven't as I don't want to make the problem worse.
Thanks again for any suggestions.
Midnight Shadow
2011 Cayman

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try turning navigation off and then back on again. Also, try doing a factory reset on the navigation. You aren't going to hurt anything. Mine did something similar recently and ended up having to take to the dealer for a reinstall and updated programming. It did the trick and cost me nothing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The fuse is in the driver side panel, top row, the last one on your right as you're looking at the fuse panel. I think it was a white 25A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.