Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using Necksgen Rev head restraint system on the Porsche OEM sport bucket seats?

Looking for an HNR system, and Necksgen Rev looks like a no brainer given the lateral support and less intrusive with Cayman R / GT2 sport bucket seats. HANS Devices tend to almost push my head to look downward a little.

The only thing I'm wondering is, the rear of the Necksgen Rev sticks out with this lip. It looks as if it could hit the seats and leave a lot of marks there? So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and have any feedback on whether that pointy lip in the rear actually would hit the seats once everything's strapped in and would actually make it annoying. Unfortunately I do not have a Necksgen dealer in my area to test this out.

I'm not looking to race, but would much prefer to have a restraint system to go with my harness on DE/track days. So no FIA certifcate is no issue for me. Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have OEM GT3 seats in my Cayman and use the NecksGen Rev. It works perfectly with the seats and I am overall pretty happy with the NecksGen device. It's very lightweight and comfortable, I don't even noticed it anymore while driving. I will say that it does reduce the rotational movement of my head significantly, so looking out the side windows and looking ahead through a long corner is challenging.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have OEM GT3 seats in my Cayman and use the NecksGen Rev. It works perfectly with the seats and I am overall pretty happy with the NecksGen device. It's very lightweight and comfortable, I don't even noticed it anymore while driving. I will say that it does reduce the rotational movement of my head significantly, so looking out the side windows and looking ahead through a long corner is challenging.
Does it leave marks on the seats? The rear lip kinda sticks out and looks rather "sharp", unlike HANS devices

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I have a NecksGen that I used all last year in my 2012 Cayman R with OEM sport buckets. There were no issues whatsoever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts