Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang-

I need your help. Im looking for a Cayman S Sport model for an event Im helping put together at a local Porsche dealership. They are creating a "Family Tree" display of cars representing the lineage, celebrating the cars much like the TV commercial does. I need a Cayman representative it needs to be stock and in a unique color/option. So Im looking specifically for a Cayman S Sport.

Its a big honor to be at this event. There will be about 40 cars on display, from Carrera GT, 73 RS, RSK, 904, 924GTS, 74 RSR, a Penske car, and other cars in the lineage. It will be a fully catered event with speakers from PCNA, free of charge to the RSVP'd public. Also planned is charitable giving.

If you know of ANYONE with a Cayman S Sport thats stock and in impeccable shape anywhere within a good drive of Cincinnati, let me know ASAP.

You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Check with Bruce H. at Porsche of the Village. He tried to sell one to me last May. He might be willing to put you in touch with the owner.

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
When is the event? I'm looking for a good reason to drive out to Cleveland to see the new Springsteen exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I think racerboy's car definitely needs to be there! ;)

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
Pete-
If the timing works out, you're more than welcome to come along for the ride. I'm sure they'd appreciate your photography skills.

Of course, anyone that rides in my car has to be a Springsteen fan (or bring earplugs). ;)

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Wow, that's a beaut. Damn I should make a trip out there to see that event.
Been a few years since I've been back to Ohio. Long drive though...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's 2/25 at Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati. Some cars will be trailered in a few days prior, but they may be able to accommodate a car arriving that day. They've been working for quite some time to get a top flight group of cars assembled.

The event will run from about 630-830pm with setup deadline probably 2-3hrs before that. We expect 400-500 attendees and 35-45 exhibitors showing their cars. The cars need to be stock (or as unobtrusively stock as it gets) and terrific shape. They have a huge 40 car showroom and another 12 car showroom and a huge service shop to give you space to clean up the car beforehand.

Your orange CS-S would look especially nice near the orange Boxster S Special Edition thats going to be there.

Other tentative commitments thus far:

The First Porsche's
1955 356 Pre-A Speedster, Mexico Blue
1957 356 1600 Super Speedster, Black
1958 356A Carrera GS Speedster, White
1958 356 Speedster, Red
1959 356 Sunroof Coupe, Fjord Green
1959 356A Super Convertible D,
1960 356B Roadster, Red
1964 356 Coupe, Silver
1964 356 Cabriolet, Red

Competition Cars
1959 718RSK Spyder, Silver
1964 904 GTS Carrera, Silver
1998 911 GT3 Super Cup Car, Black
2009 911 GT3 Cup Car

Production 911 Series Cars
1969 911 Coupe, Green
1970 911 S Coupe, Tangerine
1979 911 Turbo Coupe, Red
1984 911 Turbo-Look 911 Coupe, Chiffon White
1984 911 Targa, Guards Red
1987 911 Coupe, Gran Prix White

VW & Audi Collaborations
1973 914, Orange
1986 944 Turbo, White
1994 968 Cabriolet, Black

Modern Era
2008 Boxster S Special Edition, Orange

High Performance Production Cars
2005 Carrera GT, Signal Yellow
2009 911 GT2, Guards Red
2010 911 GT3, Guards Red

V8's
1993 928 GTS, Black
2009 Cayenne GTS, Black
2009 Panamera Turbo, Black

Other potential candidates we're working on..1974 RSR, 1973 911 RS, 911 GT3-R from LeMans, 911 RS America, a Penske car, few others.

Event will be fully valeted, catered, PCNA speaker, charitable giving, and hopefully a large piece of artwork all owners can sign to express their Porsche spirit and enthusiasm.

If you want more info and think you may be able to attend, I can send you the PDF and whom to get in touch with. Space is extremely limited to display cars so if you want to take part, send me a couple photos of your car and I'll recommend you. A lot of these cars Ive seen in person so I can vouch for but if I recommend a car sight unseen, they are gonna expect I know what Im doing!!! Ack!

E-Mail me at [email protected]

If any of you want to be a guest of the event, let me know and I will forward info on how to RSVP. The event is no cost to all Porsche of the Village guests. I guarantee you they will treat you in a high class manner.

:thanks:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Here are a few more photos of racerboy's car from events we had last year. The car is kept in perfect shape!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful! Well kept! Racerboy, if you are interested let me know via email, PM, smoke signal, pony express, etc, ASAP and I will recommend you to the dealer. They get the final say but I dont foresee any major hurdles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts