Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been looking at caymans for awhile now and was going to get a used 09, but have run across a few older used cars that look like good deals. Does anyone have any history with Milleniamotors.com? I found this car on ebay and was wondering everyones thoughts on price, performance vs 09 car for the money, and condition. Also wondering if anyone in the area could take a look at the car. Also, what would everyone do about warranty since it only has about 9 months of factory warr remaining. Here is the link Millenia Motors Inventory - 2006 Porsche Cayman - S - NAVI / FULL LTHR. or it is ebay item # 330378147851. Thanks for any help on this guys and if anyone is near the area of the car i would really be in great thanks if you could check it's condition out for me. Thanks, aaron

·
Registered
189 Posts
There is no question that the price delta between very well optioned 06/07 CS models make it a tough choice compared to a lightly optioned 09. However, the 09 is an improved model and I would lean in that direction unless you find your ideal early model car.

Also the 2006 you are considering looks pretty sharp, given the car still under warranty I would have them take the car to the nearest Porsche Dealer for a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). If Millenia Motors is a reputable store they should have not problem facilitating your request, assuming the inspection is at your expense.

·
Registered
510 Posts
There is no question that the price delta between very well optioned 06/07 CS models make it a tough choice compared to a lightly optioned 09. However, the 09 is an improved model and I would lean in that direction unless you find your ideal early model car.

Also the 2006 you are considering looks pretty sharp, given the car still under warranty I would have them take the car to the nearest Porsche Dealer for a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). If Millenia Motors is a reputable store they should have not problem facilitating your request, assuming the inspection is at your expense.
Related to this, would it be a conflict of interest to ask a dealer to do a PPI for a used Cayman they are selling? Shouldn't I ask a neutral dealer to do the PPI?

Thank you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Related to this, would it be a conflict of interest to ask a dealer to do a PPI for a used Cayman they are selling? Shouldn't I ask a neutral dealer to do the PPI?

Thank you.
Since the dealer in question is not a Porsche dealer I would assume that taking the car to an actual Porsche dealership would result in in unbiased report. Since the perspective buyer would schedule and pay for the inspection he would personally get the report, all the selling dealer would do is transport the car to and from the nearest Porsche service department.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts