Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations as to best method of quick detailing after driving. I prefer to cover my 981 garaged or whenever it will sit out in the sun for a length of time. Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally I keep mine well waxed, and plan to do a ceramic coating very soon after a full correction (if I ever get the time...). So after a drive I just go over the bug splatters or dirty spots with a very good lubing detail spray (usually properly diluted adam's rinseless wash to make a detail spray that lubes VERY well to prevent scratching, sometimes I just grab the good ole turtle wax express wax if I notice beading has reduced recently) and an ultra-plush microfiber (800GSM or better). I've only had it a month, but it doesn't appear I've introduced any new swirls/scratches with this regime so far :)... though it had a decent amount of swirling after I got off the dealers wax... I'm still not sure whether I did that washing to strip their wax or they were just hidden with the dealers pre-delivery wax, LOL.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone so far that have posted their inputs to my question. Living in the Sunshine State does have its pluses and minuses. One minus is plenty of sun and along with it, possible sun bleaching. With that said, when I do drive my Porsche and have to park it in an open-air parking lot; should I quick detail prior to covering or just go ahead and cover (Porsche OE fitted outdoor cover)? This of course only applies when my Porsche is thoroughly clean with the exception of minor bug splats and maybe normal dust from the drive.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You should only ever "cover" a freshly washed and clean car. Otherwise the cover will grind particles into the paint and create swirling. Even then, why are you covering the car? Unless it's sitting for weeks at a time...I wouldn't.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should only ever "cover" a freshly washed and clean car. Otherwise the cover will grind particles into the paint and create swirling. Even then, why are you covering the car? Unless it's sitting for weeks at a time...I wouldn't.
Not right after washing. Clean car from the garage, drive and then cover to protect from sun damage while parked for the entire day outdoors is what I meant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.